Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coldplay 2012 Tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Coldplay announce further tour dates - No Irish dates yet!!! However, the June 16th date for the Aviva still looks very possible judging by the schedule. I think it's fair to rule them out of the running for Slane!!

Good morning. We are very pleased to announce that Coldplay will head to North America in 2012 for a string of shows in the USA and Canada.

Tickets go on general sale on Saturday, 17 December at 10am (local time) from 1-800-745-3000, Ticketmaster.com and LiveNation.com. Before that, you can use any American Express card to purchase advance tickets, from Monday, 12 December, at 10am (local time) until Friday, 16 December, at 10pm (local time). The advance AMEX tickets will be available from here for all shows except Portland (here) and Houston (here). NB: The tickets for the two LA Bowl shows will not go on sale until January 2012.

Here is the full list of shows announced so far:

APRIL
    17 Edmonton, AB Rexall Place
    18 Calgary, AB Scotiabank Saddledome
    20 Vancouver, BC Rogers Arena
    24 Portland, OR Rose Garden Arena
    25 Seattle, WA KeyArena
    27 San Jose, CA HP Pavilion At San Jose

MAY
    1 Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Bowl (On sale 9 Jan)
    2 Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Bowl (On sale 9 Jan)

JUNE
    22 Dallas, TX American Airlines Center
    25 Houston, TX Toyota Center
    28 Tampa, FL St. Pete Times Forum
    29 Miami, FL American Airlines Arena

JULY
    2 Atlanta, GA Philips Arena
    5 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center
    8 Washington, DC Verizon Center
    23 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre
    26 Montreal, QC Bell Centre
    29 Boston, MA TD Garden

AUGUST
    3 East Rutherford, NJ Izod Center
    7 Chicago, IL United Center (On sale 19 Dec)
    11 St. Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea plus they have plenty of time to get from Ireland to Texas

Are we ever going to get an Irish announcement. It's annoying at this stage!!!!!!

Just announced by Coldplay in the past few minutes!!!

Good morning. Following yesterday's North American tour announcement, we're pleased to unveil Coldplay's European stadium dates for summer 2012. The dates announced so far are as follows, with pre-sale and general links provided (all times given are local times):

MAY
    18 Porto, Portugal - Dragao Stadium - On sale 10 December at 9am here
    22 Nice, France - Stade Charles Herman / Nikaia - On sale 16 December at 10am here / AMEX pre-sale 13 December at 10 am here
    24 Turin, Italy - Olympic Stadium - On sale 14 December at 10am here / AMEX pre-sale 12 December at 9am here
    26 Zurich, Switzerland - Letzigrund - On sale 13 December at 8am here / Pre-sale 12 December at 8am here

AUGUST
    28 Copenhagen, Denmark - Parken Stadium - On sale 14 December at 10am here / Pre-sale 12 December at 10am (links TBA)
    30 Stockholm, Sweden - Olympic Stadium - On sale 14 December at 9am here / AMEX pre-sale 10 December at 9am here

SEPTEMBER
    02 Paris, France - Stade de France - On sale 16 December at 10am here / AMEX pre-sale 13 December at 10am here
    04 Cologne, Germany - Rheinenergie Stadium - On sale 12 December at 9am here / Pre-sale 10 December at 9am here
    06 The Hague, Netherlands - Malieveld - On sale 16 December at 10am here / AMEX pre-sale 10 December at 10am here
    12 Munich, Germany - Olympiastadion - On sale 12 December at 9am here / Pre-sale 10 December at 9am here
    14 Leipzig, Germany - Red Bull Stadium - On sale 12 December at 9am here / Pre-sale 10 December at 9am here
    16 Prague, Czech Republic - Slavia Eden Stadium - On sale 15 December at 10am (link TBA)
    22 Hannover, Germany - AWD Arena - On sale 12 December at 9am here / Pre-sale 10 December at 9am here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

The Irish date should be announced with the next batch of UK dates whenever they will be.

karaokeman wrote: »
    The Irish date should be announced with the next batch of UK dates whenever they will be.

They already added extra dates to the UK tour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Typical they would leave Ireland last to announce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 chatter91

Not sure where it came from but further European Tour dates are listed on this page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mylo_Xyloto_Tour
    States o2 Dublin - 9+10 October 2012

chatter91 wrote: »
    Not sure where it came from but further European Tour dates are listed on this page:

I'd prefer to see them at the O2, but they are probably fake.

Yea would they really do loads of stadium shows and the do an arena tour since they are kinda doing one now in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Chopper83

Wouldn't believe a word until it's announced on their website, unfortunately I don't think it will happen next year. One of the best live acts out there at the minute.

• Advertisement

I agree the new tour dates do seem fake seen as how they've already covered most of Europe barr Ireland.

I'm guessing its more likely they will announce extra Asian dates or a few South American. Having said that its not entirely impossible seen as how they played 5 European legs in the space of June 2008-August 2009 on the Viva la Vida tour so it could happen.

Tbh I don't really care what the story is. If they will be playing the Aviva or two dates at the O2 I will go regardless because Coldplay are one of the best live bands around.

The O2 would be good also so part of me is hoping that is true. Missed my chance on the Viva la Vida tour so it would be cool to have another chance at seeing them in an indoor venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭conor052001

chatter91 wrote: »

definately fake!!! green glens arena, 3 different venues in london in a row and 4 in glasgow?? not a hope

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 178 ✭✭DirtyLeeds

Haven't seen them since Phoenix Park 2 years ago.

What a gig that was

They are on X Factor tonight, maybe it will be announced this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Penandpencil

... still nothing? Hmm. I'm usually very patient and comprehensible, but this is just ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭_Lola_

Bought my ticket for Paris show. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Still nothing! Is it possible they won't be doing a Dublin show? :(

Wouldnt rule it out just yet , with the Pheonix Park gigs yet to be announced they will prob start of Jan with a few announcements

I would love to see Coldplay again at the Phoenix Park.

Not sure if it would be a good business decision seen as how they played Oxegen last year, but maybe just maybe if there's 6 concerts we'll get a repeat of both Coldplay and Foos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

I'd still put my money on Lansdowne Rd.

Nothing confirmed there yet and the stadium can't pay for itself!

However, I'm a bit concerned about the lack of concerts there since it re opened. Are promoters staying away for a particular reason?

I can only recall Michael Buble playing in the last couple of years and that was a disaster because of crap acoustics.

There's definitely something going on, maybe rent is too steep?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭ThinkAboutIt

Could anyone tell me the best site to buy tickets for their gigs in other countrys that can be delivered here? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Surely Slane's the biggest possibility of all?

SantryRed wrote: »
    Surely Slane's the biggest possibility of all?

I think so or the Phoenix Park gigs :mad: I was excited about Aviva. I'm surprised there is still no word though, what is the hold up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

according to the daily star today coldplay are been tipped for slane this year

Full page story about the HIGH possibility of Coldplay playing Slane. According to the story, Coldplay have begun talks with organisers and have made Slane 2012 there number one aim for next summer with Chris Martin saying the reaction of the Oxegen crowd convinced him that Slane was the one to play!!!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/music/2012/01/12/coldplay-in-talks-to-headline-slane-2012-115875-23695760/

If Mountcharles had someone else booked he would have said "Coldplay would be great but ive got my band sorted" or something on those lines.

Since i missed them at Oxegen i would love to finally go to slane and only Foo Fighters or Coldplay would make me go (Unless a GNR reunion happens :D )

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭KnowYourEnemy

please let this be true! with Foster the People & Black Keys as support! :D

AND VACCINES!

please let this be true! with Black Keys as support! :D

AND VACCINES!

Fixed for ya ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Bobsyouraunty

Came across this last night has Slane listed for 8th September http://www.musicfestivalsireland.ie/sep prob means nothing but ya never know Coldplay playing in holland on the 6th and Germany on the 12th so its possible!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Anyone heard any more news on irish dates this year?

Advertisement