Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coldplay 2012 Tour

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

MadYaker wrote: »
    Anyone heard any more news on irish dates this year?

Well everybody seemed to believe that if Coldplay played in Ireland this Summer that is was going to be Slane on August 25th. Given the news a few moments ago that Slane 2012 will not be held leaves serious doubts as to whether they will play hear this summer. The brief message from Slane also mentioned that 2013 will be busy, so maybe they are hoping for Coldplay for then!!

Either way, time is pushing on and you'd have to seriously doubt that they will play an outdoor show here this summer!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

I wonder why they are ignoring Ireland, they didn't play here on their arena tour late last year and there is still no date this year. It's very odd

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Still reckon their gonna play the Aviva..It was already mentioned months before any Aviva announcements that it would be Madonna,Lady Gaga and Coldplay..too much coincidence right there and they know they will shift 55000 tickets in a short period of time seeing as they are arguably the biggest live draw in the world at the moment.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Still reckon their gonna play the Aviva..It was already mentioned months before any Aviva announcements that it would be Madonna,Lady Gaga and Coldplay..too much coincidence right there and they know they will shift 55000 tickets in a short period of time seeing as they are arguably the biggest live draw in the world at the moment.

YEa i still think they will play Aviva and if they announce a special guest it will sell well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

i hope they do announce something was at the pheonix park gig a couple of years ago and was by far the best concert i have ever seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I saw Coldplay at Oxegen last year and they are so far one of the best live bands I have ever seen.

I don't know what the odds are realistically that by this point (in May) they will announce an Irish date, the latest I remember any big gigs taking place in this country was when Metallica announced in April they would play at Marlay Park.

This isn't the first time Coldplay only played Ireland during one European leg, the same happened for the Parachutes, Rush of Blood To The Head and Twisted Logic tours. The festival leg last summer that included Oxegen was technically still part of the Mylo Xyloto tour and it seems at this stage it was the one and only Irish gig of the tour.

Advertisement