Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice place to eat in Shannon Town?

• 18-09-2011 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hiya guys!

The Clare forum is dead so sorry for posting here but it appears to have more traffic.

I have to be in Shannon for a full day next week and was hoping to take the opportunity to meet up with Ennis friends in the town at lunch and later for dinner. They haven't a clue so hope some of ye will be able to recommend somewhere nice to eat in the town. Transport restricted so has to be local.

Thanks a bunch!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭SnoopyGunner

The Skycourt shopping centre has a food court upstairs that would be nice for lunch. The Knights do really nice food too and would be perfect for lunch and dinner or both. It's near the shopping centre. There's also the Oakwood and Lodge hotels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭Osk

I second Zest in the Shannon Knights in the Town Centre shopping centre - lovely food.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The Clare forum is only quiet because it's Sunday night. There has been plenty of traffic there recently. It's definitely not "dead".

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

There was even a thread in the Clare forum on it

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73034266

Moving this thread, Shannon is in Clare not Limerick, definitely not in Limerick City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 JackRy

I'll second the Oakwood Arms Hotel. There's a good carvery at lunch time and the Pier 17 restaurant is fab if you like fish, steak etc in the evening.

The Rowenberry at Ballycasey Craft Centre is a nice informal cafe...I tend to avoid Skycourt just from a parking hassle POV...but I think you mentioned something about transport.

Enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

I'd also recommend gallaghers in bunratty. Granted it is not in shannon, but if you are around for a full week, you may need the variety!
    They are known as a seafood place, but do excellent steak!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

Newteacher wrote: »
    Hiya guys!

The Clare forum is dead so sorry for posting here but it appears to have more traffic.

I have to be in Shannon for a full day next week and was hoping to take the opportunity to meet up with Ennis friends in the town at lunch and later for dinner. They haven't a clue so hope some of ye will be able to recommend somewhere nice to eat in the town. Transport restricted so has to be local.

Thanks a bunch!:)
    The Knights is supposed to be unreal good for food since it was done up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

How about Shea Leez? Leave the town centre heading towards the Old Lodge. At the traffic lights, turn left heading for Smithstown Ind. Estate. Shay Leez or however you spell it is located after Mid West Tyres on the left side of the road. I haven't eaten there myself but I've heard some good feedback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

If it was me I'd go for lunch in the Golf Club or Cavery in the Oakwood and then on to Zest Bistro in the Knights for dinner.

Zest to a Wine & Dine Special (4 courses + btl of wine) for 2 people €50. Brilliant, yum yum, yum. Love it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

JackRy wrote: »
    I tend to avoid Skycourt just from a parking hassle POV..

:confused:
    What kind of hassle? You mean the one where you drive in, park up and forget about it for two hours?
    Oakwood arms seems a nice spot for some food.
    Also, try McDonalds.:P

• Advertisement
Advertisement