Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for an alarm company in Co. Wexford

• 18-09-2011 9:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I am looking at getting a wirefree alarm system installed in my home which can send alert texts / calls to keyholders using the existing house landline . Does anyone have any personal experience of dealing with any of the alarm companies in County Wexford or surrounding counties?

Basically I am looking for 3 - 4 companies to provide quotes, its an area that I have no experience in and will probably have to resort to the yellow pages for companies to quote for me:o. If anyone has had positive experiences I would love to hear them.

Any information gratefully recieved.

DC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭altor

There a lot of good wire free systems on the market. HKC Quantun, Signet, Visonic. The best place to look for an installer is on the PSA website as all installers have to be registered to install alarms. 3 or 4 quotes comparing like with like should get you the best price and system available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Id recomend HKC, the securewave or quantum 70. Great and easy to use panel. Plus Hkc design and make their own gear. The wireless keyfob can be set up for secure coded unset. You can get everything wireless ( bells, pirs, keypads, contact and fobs. Or have a mixture of wire and wireless gear. <snip>

Mod edit. Thunderbird please review the forum charter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Crime-Watch are based in wexford and seem to have a good reputation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Hi guys and thanks for the relies.

I have asked a few companies to come out and give a quote. Just wanted a second opinion on the quotes. The house is 2000 sq feet, single story and the list of items required as specified by the various companies is as follows (all HKC wireless products)

1 M/C
    20 I/C
    1 PIR
    1 GSM Dialler
    2 Key Fobs
    1 Main Panel and 1 Key Pad
    1 WF Saab
    1 WF Echo
    1 Dummy Box for garage (too far for wireless and no ESB available)

Fitted and Certified for €2250 incl. VAT is the cheapest quote so far.

What do you think? Fair quote?:confused:

Thanks for looking and any advice is gratefully recieved.

DC

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Decoda wrote: »
    20 I/C

Why not all MCs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

KoolKid wrote: »
    Why not all MCs?

Both companies that have quoted so far have used the same number of products. I know absolutely nothing about Alarm systems so have gone on their recommendations:(

The list given to me by both has the list of items as above post? Could it have anything to do with some of the windows having more than one ope?

Sorry...this really isn't my area of expertise (according to herself I don't have any expertise inn any area..:P)

Thanks

DC

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I would check whether they are inertia sensors only or combined units (MC) . Inertias are shock sensors only MSc also have a contact to detect if the window is open .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭altor

Both companies that have quoted so far have used the same number of products. I know absolutely nothing about Alarm systems so have gone on their recommendations:(

The list given to me by both has the list of items as above post? Could it have anything to do with some of the windows having more than one ope?

Sorry...this really isn't my area of expertise (according to herself I don't have any expertise inn any area..:P)

Thanks

DC

It would be a good price if they where installing M/Cs on the windows. I would be concerned about just contacts on the windows as if an intruder was to break the glass or take out the glass without opening the window the alarm wont activate. With the HKC wire free sensors if there was an extra opening then a contact can be wired from the wire free sensor.

I would ask them to quote with M/Cs rather than just contacts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Hi guys and thanks for the relies.

I have asked a few companies to come out and give a quote. Just wanted a second opinion on the quotes. The house is 2000 sq feet, single story and the list of items required as specified by the various companies is as follows (all HKC wireless products)

1 M/C
    20 I/C
    1 PIR
    1 GSM Dialler
    2 Key Fobs
    1 Main Panel and 1 Key Pad
    1 WF Saab
    1 WF Echo
    1 Dummy Box for garage (too far for wireless and no ESB available)

Fitted and Certified for €2250 incl. VAT is the cheapest quote so far.

What do you think? Fair quote?:confused:

Thanks for looking and any advice is gratefully recieved.

DC

M/C - Magnetic contact, probably for the front door
    I/C - Inertia contact covering the rest of the windows

Price seems fair enough to me

If that's the spec then the price is good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Id recomend HKC, the securewave or quantum 70. Great and easy to use panel. Plus Hkc design and make their own gear. The wireless keyfob can be set up for secure coded unset. You can get everything wireless ( bells, pirs, keypads, contact and fobs. Or have a mixture of wire and wireless gear. <snip>

Mod edit. Thunderbird please review the forum charter.

Koolkid please pm me the details about this post if there available ^ ;)

Advertisement