Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time set by Saorview Digital Service

Options
  • 18-09-2011 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭

Hi, I wonder if some other people could test something for me with their Saorview set top boxes or Saorview Televisions - do you find that the clock in auto installation has set the clock on the device 1 hour behind what it should be? (Ie your TV or set-top box says its 22.39 when in fact its 23.39).

My set-top box has no way to manually set the clock so i reckon it gets its data from Saorview (maybe by teletext) - our Tele has manual clock setting but then it looks like it gets a data signal from saorview and over-writes the manual clock setting but its all wrong and one hour behind, so if i ever want to use the timer its not going to work properly.

I have set in the installation setup using UK as its country and tried Ireland as well but the clock is still one hour behind. I suppose when the clock goes back at the end of October it will sort itself out but I wonder if Saorview had forgot to change its clocks forward one hour in the spring! ? most strange though :confused:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 248 ✭✭I love Joan Burton

I think this was mentioned on a satellite thread before, something to do with the hour difference between BST/IST and GMT?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,417 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I think this was mentioned on a satellite thread before, something to do with the hour difference between BST/IST and GMT?

Sounds like the Saorview signal is carrying GMT which is our winter time. Check your local settings to see if you can tell it that we are currently on summer time which more and more on menus in cameras, mobile phones etc. (thanks USA) is called DST or Daylight Saving Time.

If there's no mention of DST then you need to set your time zone to GMT+1 until the clocks go back at the end of October when you'd need to change it to GMT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭winston_1

Your equipment must be set to the same country as the transmissions you are receiving. In this case Ireland and Irish. Any other combinations and the clock wull show GMT. Some older TV's do not configure country code properly and may give this problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

SOLVED - thanks for your help everyone - with a bit of experimenting I found that this set the time right by selecting Germany on the set top box and TV and it set the time +1Hour then I changed the menus back to English and the time is right now, strange logics but at least its a workaround :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 248 ✭✭I love Joan Burton

magnumlady wrote: »
    SOLVED - thanks for your help everyone - with a bit of experimenting I found that this set the time right by selecting Germany on the set top box and TV and it set the time +1Hour then I changed the menus back to English and the time is right now, strange logics but at least its a workaround :)

You will probably have to change again when the clocks change but at least its a workaround for now :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

magnumlady wrote: »

And that is just one of the reasons why €65 is not cheap for a TNT HD box. Are you receiving full epg data - i.e. program info as well ?

Advertisement