Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartment Repeat Water Damage

• 18-09-2011 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi All,

I own an apartment in Herberton and now for the fourth time there has been a major leak in the apartment. 3 times already the builders have replaced the floors and carpets and wooden floors, each time admitting a problem with the fittings (I have that in writing) and absorbing all the costs. However, I have now lost patience.

Has anyone else experienced something similar as I am not sure who to turn to to make the builder take this seriously (i.e. check for long term water damage, guarantee of building, financial reparations etc??). I am thinking of contacting a solicitor but am not sure what they will propose to me, or even if there is anything they can do.

Advice / help appreciated.

Thanks,
    City Guy

Advertisement