Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bf3 build

Options
  • 18-09-2011 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

hey guys, started a new build for bf3 in paticular along with everything else i play. do you think i could max it out with these?

Nvidia Gtx 550ti oc
    850w psu
    16gigs of ram
    phenom ii x6 1055 processor
    gigabyte motherboard
    xigmatek midgaurd pure black edition gaming case
    windows 7 64bit

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

16 gigs of RAM? Whatever for?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Dean O

well with that much i know its one of the few things ill never need more of. i also like the idea of having more just in case i need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭AirsoftAndy

only get 4 gb of ram and spend the money u saved on upgrading the gfx to gtx 560 ti and maybe drop the x6 and get phenom x4 955 and get a better cooler

heh too late for only 4 gigs of ram, i already have 8 bought, 2x4gigs

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

• Advertisement

thats the exact case i have, but i think mine was cheaper from aria, i think. also its the gigabyte GTX 550ti oc my bad, but it judging from the specs written I'd judge the Gtx here to be better then that also that radeon from what i cant tell doesnt have a hdmi slot which i need for my tv to use it, i guess i should have posted here though befor i started to buy parts, but its too late for that i guess, also the GTX 550ti is only about 115ish i think. But hey this is my first build so im a bit of a noob at picking things out but i could use that extra core or two for my video rendering. thanks for the input.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭ArrBee

Official specs for BF3 are now released.
    http://www.enterbf3.com/battlefield-3-minimum-requirements.php
    Consensus around the web is that recommend = medium settings.

Unfamiliar with ATI range, but I would be thinking GTX580 for max settings.
    Maybe a GTX570 to start and add a second later if required.

ya i saw those alright, but I think there still being optimised since not everyone will have a quad core and whatnot but i already have the 550ti oc here and was eventually going to sli them then which would possibly get the job done too i hope :), thanks for the link to the reqs though I'll have to play the beta to fine out :).

Advertisement