Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gears 3 release, price info, where to buy etc

Options
  • 04-08-2011 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

I was wondering if anyone knew the retailers for the 4 preorder bonus characters.

So far I have this:

Commando Dom- GAME

Mechanic Baird- ????

Savage Kantus- Amazon (I think)

Savage Grenadier Elite- ????

I would think Smyths and Gamestop would be the other two unless they have someone elses'. I wonder if we even get all of them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

you get griffin for liking the gears of war facebook page.
    http://epic.gm/getgriffin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Mechanic Baird is play.com I'm pretty sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭r0cks0l1dd

I just checked Gamestop's site but it doesn't say which one it is, just says ''an exclusive pre order item that will take the form of a playable character in the Multiplayer mode of Gears of War 3''.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Viral Vector

Here you go:

Commando Dom - Gamestop and GAME

Mechanic Baird - Play.co.uk

Savage Kantus - Amazon.co.uk

Savage Grenadier Elite - Gamestation UK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

We're doing Mechanic Baird in Smyths too, pre-order is free as well and there'll be 10% off the game on launch week for anyone with a loyalty card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭SilentHunter

Thanks Squaredude for that heads up. Its nice to be able to get an extra character for multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

where has the best price for pre-orders or are they all the same more or less?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Is argos selling this on release day as I have a voucher for there. Anyone know their price and if its the limited edition or what? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jdonagh

GAME in Liffey Valley have a trade in offer for your 250gb slim.
    Get a gears 3 console with the game, two controllers and Crysis 2 for 99 euro! Pre ordered mine today, guy said only 25 consoles left!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Doing the math, that actually works out well.

Sure Gears 3 and crisis 2 + that extra controller would tally up to €99 at least. Good deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

jdonagh wrote: »
    GAME in Liffey Valley have a trade in offer for your 250gb slim.
    Get a gears 3 console with the game, two controllers and Crysis 2 for 99 euro! Pre ordered mine today, guy said only 25 consoles left!

I got original preorder back today so instead of it costing 175 for the console its 99 :) DELIGHTED!!

Plus the console is on display and it's savage :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

Jaysus tempted by this. My slim is starting to act up a bit. Is it just game in LV doing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

My 360 came with a kinect thingy. Would I have to give them this too?
    They probably wouldn't take it would they.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

I got original preorder back today so instead of it costing 175 for the console its 99 :) DELIGHTED!!

Plus the console is on display and it's savage :)

Just looking at some pics and not sure if I like it. Is it a tacky looking red in real life?

Also do they normally do these deals with LE consoles? I like the look of the upcoming MW3 one

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭xo_CHEWY_ox

Is this a new offer? I have the LE console ordered and was told in GAME it would be 175 when i trade in my 250gb.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jdonagh

Is this a new offer? I have the LE console ordered and was told in GAME it would be 175 when i trade in my 250gb.:confused:

Brand new offer, its a beautiful looking console :D Liffey is a very busy store so would have more stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Was in there today and seen a sign for the trade in for €99 for the console but there was a seperate sign for the console, joypads etc. Not sure how much, was over €130 anyway, wasn't really paying attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Hi

I was wondering if anyone knows will Argos here have the same deal. I'm looking to get a new 360.
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/xbox-360-slim-get-gears-war-3-for-free-with-any-console-argos/1017913

Seems a cracking deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Psygnosis wrote: »
    Hi

I was wondering if anyone knows will Argos here have the same deal. I'm looking to get a new 360.
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/xbox-360-slim-get-gears-war-3-for-free-with-any-console-argos/1017913

Seems a cracking deal.

Bollox I hope so, my pal bought one off them last week after I got the last one @ €185 in harvey norman :mad: Whats the betting his receipt is worthless for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

calex71 wrote: »
    Bollox I hope so, my pal bought one off them last week after I got the last one @ €185 in harvey norman :mad: Whats the betting his receipt is worthless for this.

From the sounds of it in the uk the deal should be wendesday. I'm looking for a new console barring this whats the best deal for the 250gb slim at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

24 hours to release.

Whats your plan?
    Getting it at midnight?
    Where?
    Any reports of the street date being broken?

Tell us all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

I'll probably avoid it like I id the last one

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

al28283 wrote: »
    I'll probably avoid it like I id the last one

Thanks for your input. Duly noted. Missing out on an entertaining 3rd person shooter though.

I enjoyed Gears 1 and 2. Not the be all and end all but very entertaining. I only play the single player and hoard mode. But the Gears 3 beta has converted me to the standard death match modes. Plus there is beast mode.

A 12 hour single player experience can't be a bad thing compared to the 8 hr CoD rush jobs.

Still won't top Deus Ex HR for game of the year though.

Anyway, I'll have my copy tomorrow, it's in the sorting office right beside me. Can't get any time off work though, fecking 56 hr work week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

yeesh really? I thought both GoW's were pretty poor and Deus Ex was ok but hardly GotY

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

im going to the launch, so i will be playing it before all yous

al28283 wrote: »
    yeesh really? I thought both GoW's were pretty poor and Deus Ex was ok but hardly GotY

If you played Deus Ex 1 on the PC back in 2000 you get a lot more value out of HR now. For me nothing this year will top DE:HR, only ME3 could have if it was not pushed back to next year.

It's all subjective really. I thought Black Ops was very poor as an fps as was Crysis 2.

The Gears series is a solid 3rd person shooter, does what it was on the tin.

Overature wrote: »
    im going to the launch, so i will be playing it before all yous

Me, in afternoon I'll be sitting down to it. Won't get to enjoy it too much though. Might pull a sicky and start it in the morning.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

A 12 hour single player experience can't be a bad thing compared to the 8 hr CoD rush jobs.

its 9 hours AT A PUSH

nowhere bloody close to 12

ran through it in about 8.40 first time, and i wasnt rushing

granted that was on normal difficulty, not the harder ones

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Colham

I can't seem to find a price for it anywhere online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Advertisement