Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gears 3 release, price info, where to buy etc

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Guys,
    This is one of the those threads that really should be on th egames forum, and it will end up there (and merged) if it turns into a gameplay-related thread.

The OP is asking about your plans to buy the game. Please keep posts on-topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Game rang me yesterday about my pre-order and when I asked how much they would be selling it for, €75 was the reply :eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

I ordered mine online from Gamestop and they delivered it today. I got it delivered to work so that I was here to sign for it and now it's sitting on my desk, taunting me.

I need an excuse to get home to play this now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    I ordered mine online from Gamestop and they delivered it today. I got it delivered to work so that I was here to sign for it and now it's sitting on my desk, taunting me.

Ohhhh, I bought mine off em too, stuck in work until half 4. Hope It'll be home waiting for me. Gamestop are fantastic for delivering early, got Deus Ex on the Wednesday before it came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Mr Bloat wrote: »

Did you use the standard or express shipping option?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Express. I was following the package on Nightline's website and it went from Dublin to Cork overnight and it came to be around 9.30 this morning. If you ordered it from gamestop, there is a tracking on your order information webpage, so you'll be able to see where it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Are xtravision doing anything, anyone know if there open

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Are xtravision doing anything, anyone know if there open

My local are advertising a midnight launch, I doubt every one in the country is so your better to call your local and find out

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

xtra-vision: 49.99 (confirmed)
    HMV: 40.99 (confirmed)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Just called my local xtravision is open at midnight not taking any more pre order but said they'll have plenty of stock.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Merging threads relating to price, availability etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

get's up still locked from yesterday, checks post box, damn, not there. . .probably a good thing, exam in the morning

walks into door frame, hangover worsened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 magill sanchez

mcgooch wrote: »
    xtra-vision: 49.99 (confirmed)
    HMV: 40.99 (confirmed)
    Gamestop Stephen's Green 54.99 (confirmed) Wonder if you'll get any dlc code in HMV

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DupsTheKid

Anyone know how much tesco are doing it for?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

DupsTheKid wrote: »

This....

If its cheap ill spin up tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

DupsTheKid wrote: »
    They are pricing the standard edition at 49.95

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Idioteque

mr.noobie wrote: »
    They are pricing the standard edition at 49.95

Just back from weekly shop in Tesco and saw it on the shelves for a few cent off €55, it was out on the shelf in the security box which I thought was unusual. - looked like the standard ed but then again I didn't pick it up to look at.
    I've loads of store credit in HMV so just gonna pick it up there but you might be lucky if you try Tesco now (I was in the one in the Merrion Centre)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭brk3

Anyone know if xtra vision Galway are doing a midnight launch?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Is HMV stocking the limited edition or just normal one and are they giving out any extra DLC with it or a blu ray or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Clover wrote: »
    Game rang me yesterday about my pre-order and when I asked how much they would be selling it for, €75 was the reply :eek:.

Pretty sure that's for the limited edition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

Got mine in gamestop 49.99 free tshirt and bottle of mountain dew.
    Had to wait till 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

blah id drive down to tesco right now if i had the money.dont have 2 euro till my name till thursday :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Jofspring wrote: »
    Pretty sure that's for the limited edition.

Yes it was and Game have dropped the price to €59.99 for the LE from the €75 quoted to me on Sunday, picked up my reserved copy today.

My original post was in relation to a thread (post #30) that has since been merged into this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

FAAAARRRRKKKK!!! Stupid gamesnash, didn't meet launch day delivery. Last time I use them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Just got an email from Argos.

GOW3 for 49.99 + 800 MS Points FREE!

Cant find iot on the site to reserve a copy, but will deffo be headed to Argos (after poxy work!)

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

I checked both Xtravision and Gamestop in the Parkway in Limerick, both €49.99. I'm told HMV has it for €40.99, but I can't make it in there. That Argos offer sounds decent enough, but as you said, it's not on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Am just back from gamestop in Blanch. Traded in 5 games and got 31 euros for them.

bulletstorm
    duke nukem
    halo something or other
    gears 2
    Assasians creed.

Game were offering me 17 euro for the same 5 games. Needless to say I wont be going anywhere near Game again.

Was just missing one of the games from the 3 where you get gears 3 for 3 euro. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SeanyMc22

Have a copy still in wrapping pm me if interested

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    FAAAARRRRKKKK!!! Stupid gamesnash, didn't meet launch day delivery. Last time I use them.

We blame An Post naturally :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

heres email

Advertisement