Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo idea I drew.

Options
  • 19-09-2011 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I am thinking of getting this sketch on me as my first tattoo. I designed it this morning.
    It really expresses my love for music and what it means to me and the fact that I designed it means so much more.
    If you look again you can also the Peace sign Love heart and a music note. (Peace.Love.Music) which I think is a nice addition to go with the theme.

I am thinking of getting it done on my chest/collar bone but I can't decide where exactly. Should it be all the way across or just one side of my chest/collar bone.
    ...Or maybe somewhere completely different?

Any tips advice or opinions would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 DJGxC

roma1 wrote: »
    Interesting to see that IE did so well

Is it just me or is that image not showing? =/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Hi OP,

The design isnt bad at all. I would recommend giving it in to an artist to muck around with slightly. Personally I would move the 1st word a bit closer to the others but apart from that I think it would work as a tattoo, but as I said, get (and consider the) advice from a professional artist. Go to someone reputable and not just the local fella.

Diceicle wrote: »
    Hi OP,

The design isnt bad at all. I would recommend giving it in to an artist to muck around with slightly. Personally I would move the 1st word a bit closer to the others but apart from that I think it would work as a tattoo, but as I said, get (and consider the) advice from a professional artist. Go to someone reputable and not just the local fella.

Yes that was my intention. I didn't really intend to have this as a template per se but rather just a rough sketch for the real artist.

thanks for your comment :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

I think it's very nice.. personally, for my taste I'd add more sweeping lines etc. to it but that's just me! (and maybe some music symbol) It's lovely though

aoife2k wrote: »
    I think it's very nice.. personally, for my taste I'd add more sweeping lines etc. to it but that's just me! (and maybe some music symbol) It's lovely though

Yeah I tried going for the 'sweeping lines' but I'll trust the artist to touch it up like that. Also the letter 'y' in 'My' is a music note :) or did you actually mean symbol?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

aoife2k wrote: »

I was just thinking, it would great but without the sweeping lines! I think as for location, under the collar bones, would be a good place for it.
    Just out of curiosity, are you a musician?

I was just thinking, it would great but without the sweeping lines! I think as for location, under the collar bones, would be a good place for it.
    Just out of curiosity, are you a musician?

No sweeping lines but it needs style. I wouldn't say musician, but I do play a bit of keyboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Personaly i think when it comes to writing, less is usually more. I've seen a lot of text tattoos that are just unreadable. I like the simplicity of your design, i'd be weary of cluttering it if i was you, a nice font is, to my mind anyway, all the flair it needs, well 90% of it anyway!:D
    I like it!

Personaly i think when it comes to writing, less is usually more. I've seen a lot of text tattoos that are just unreadable. I like the simplicity of your design, i'd be weary of cluttering it if i was you, a nice font is, to my mind anyway, all the flair it needs, well 90% of it anyway!:D
    I like it!

Thanks man :)

Advertisement