Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mastermind Mentoring Group- would people be interested?

Options
  • 19-09-2011 12:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi,

I have been part of a mastermind mentoring group for the past 6 months based in London. The group is facilitated by the UK's top life coach and the principle of the mastermind group is that:

No individual has sufficient experience, education, native ability and knowledge to insure the accumulation of a great fortune, without the cooperation of other people. Napoleon Hill – Think & Grow Rich, 1923

Everyone in the group either has their own business or wants to have their own business. At the beginning, everyone sets their intention- what they want to get out of the group and what they would like to achieve. This means that we all know each others goals and as we all have different backgrounds, expertise and experience, we can offer support and assistance to each other in so many ways. Each meeting also has a theme and a structure. You know in advance what will be covered.

The most fabulous thing about this particular group is that we also focus on the human issues, the fear of failure, fear of success, the self worth and 'who am i' to think I can do this, the charging what you're worth and getting it, getting comfortable with money and the self belief.

I have been privileged to have met and learned from Fiona Harrold, the UK's top life coach, Alex Cheadle, founder of TEN (the worlds largest lifestyle concierge company), James Duigan, owner of Bodyism, (Elle McPhersons personal trainer and the highest paid trainer in the world), Kat Maconie, owner of Kat Maconie shoes (a 26 year old entrepreneur taking the fashion world by storm), Alison Copus, Marketing and Branding expert who has worked with Virgin and Tripadvisor, Kerrie finch, owner Finch Communications, (PR) as well as all of my fellow entrepreneurs. It has been fantastic.

I was wondering if entrepreneurs in Dublin/Ireland would be interested in forming a mastermind group? Also, I'd love to hear people comments and feedback- do you think this would be a waste of time or could you see it as being something incredibly worthwhile?

Thanks,

Paula

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Zonua

Hi Paula, without coming across as I'm trying to dismiss your question . . . I would imagine that you are the most qualified person to answer your own question. You've been to the Mastermind Group, and found it to have been absolutely brilliant, you know what it is etc.

Personally, I don't feel like I can say if people would be interested or not, I don't know exactly what a Mastermind Group is . . .

Sorry if this is not the type of answer you wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

Big fan of Napoleon Hills books and he is the guy others have made a fortune from by reworking his principles in Business Books since. His ancestors should sue.

It work if people could meet others who they could seek advice from if they needed it to.

IT depends on the chemistry of the people involved and if they complimented each other.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭JD Dublin

Aspirations Coach can you expand on the how, what when and where of your initial post? I have looked at a few of the coaches who operated here in the boom and they were merely 'experts in a box', and expensive ones at that.

What are your ideas in relation to where you intend to meet, how much the program would cost, who is to facillitate the group etc?

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

There are a few of these kind of groups, such as Plato in Dublin already. Although it wouldn't be my thing anymore, I do think there is a lot of benefit for people who are starting businesses or trying to expand their circle of influence to spend time with like minded people.

The benefit if derived purely from the abilities of the group though and their commitment to show up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 The Aspirations Coach

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your comments. It would be something I would consider setting up in the future as I do think it is incredibly valuable to start-ups!

Thanks for the feedback,

Paula

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I've been in Plato for about 6 months now, couldn't recommend this anymore to people who are starting out in business. It's run by the DCEB.

Advertisement