Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGS2 IMEI Blocked

Options
  • 19-09-2011 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Hi Guys,
    My brother bought a SGS2 from adverts about a month ago. Everything went well and up until Saturday the phone was working fine. Now he can no longer make phone calls or send messages.
    He rang Three and they have informed him that the iMEI number on that phone is blocked.
    As he is not the account holder on the account associated with that phone they would not give him any further information.
    Obviously the guy he got the phone off on adverts upgraded his contract so the imei of my brothers phone is linked to that contract.

I suspect that the phone was then either reported as stolen (insurance scam maybe?) or the guy stopped paying his bill( although as far as im aware they do not block imei for non payment).

The guy on adverts has his phone off since Saturday so he is probably in the wind.
    Any suggestions on what we can do to get the imei block removed?
    Three's call center is in India so explaining this to them is excruciating as they just stick to a script!

Any advice or ideas would be welcome!
    Regards,
    Ian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

beanian wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    My brother bought a SGS2 from adverts about a month ago. Everything went well and up until Saturday the phone was working fine. Now he can no longer make phone calls or send messages.
    He rang Three and they have informed him that the iMEI number on that phone is blocked.
    As he is not the account holder on the account associated with that phone they would not give him any further information.
    Obviously the guy he got the phone off on adverts upgraded his contract so the imei of my brothers phone is linked to that contract.

I suspect that the phone was then either reported as stolen (insurance scam maybe?) or the guy stopped paying his bill( although as far as im aware they do not block imei for non payment).

The guy on adverts has his phone off since Saturday so he is probably in the wind.
    Any suggestions on what we can do to get the imei block removed?
    Three's call center is in India so explaining this to them is excruciating as they just stick to a script!

Any advice or ideas would be welcome!
    Regards,
    Ian

Report it to Adverts admins right away, then go to the Gardai

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement