Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good deals in Restaurants

Options
  • 19-09-2011 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi,

There is about 14 of us going out for a 60th birthday meal next month and I was wondering if anyone knows of any good deals on at the moment such as starter main course desert and bottle of wine for €xx that we might be able to get.

thanks for any help in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

2 for 1 on main courses in Milanos
    http://milanooffers.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

www.happyout.ie might have something coming up

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

I got a daily deal recently paid €25 for €50 worth of food, I wont mention the restaurant as I do like the place, had to ring to book in advance and on arriving was shown to the special deal table with the special high priced menu and not the menu everyone else around us were ordering from.

I think the chef nearly missed the plate putting the prawns on to it.
    In fairness out of the €25 I paid the deal company they probably takes 50% which leaves the restaurant trying to provide €50 of food for €12.50

I would have been better off really just ordering from the normal menu.

I think with Daily Deals you cant go to far wrong with accommodation in hotels etc but after my experience with the food deal I think I will think twice before getting a daily food deal again.

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭LoopyL

Thanks for the replies foto joe but think padraigins might be a bit too far out and think they want more options then pizza but thanks for the suggestions :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I think with Daily Deals you cant go to far wrong with accommodation in hotels etc but after my experience with the food deal I think I will think twice before getting a daily food deal again.

Not sure if you are including Groupon and all the others in to this.... but I think it largely comes down to the establishment. Some are probably jumping on the bandwagon as these deals are seen as trendy and groupon is a buzzword. Possibly some realise afterwards they didn't negotiate the best deal for themselves are get sticky when it comes to honoring it by inventing caveats after the fact. I think when pushed most will cave in as the T&C are crystal clear when signing up for the deal. Hopefully restaurants in Galway will get past the fad aspect and start seeing it as a smart tool to lure in customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭tootired

Rouge is supposed to be good but has a very limited menu, but at €15 for a main course and a starter it can't be bad. I'm going on Weds so will report back. It's a fairly big space too.
    Gourmet tart in salthill has 4 course meal for €25 but supplements apply to steak, some fish dishes, one or 2 starters and cheese board but if you were to have the most expensive supplement for each course your 4 course meal would be €35, still very good value.
    I read the reviews for Star King which seemed to lean towards good - which is an all you can eat buffet, not sure if you want high end or just good value.
    I'm sure there's lots more but that's all I can think of at the moment.

Advertisement