Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berwick Swords

Options
  • 19-09-2011 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi, I am considering buying in the area and was wondering if anyone knew it? Any feedback on the area would be really appreciated, good or bad! Was wondering if it was council estate or if there has ever been any trouble in the area. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

Hi ,

I live in the Next estate down , Swords Manor . I'm 10 years here and love it. Good residents assoc. Beside shops and public Transport etc... Was never a council estate. Great people here with usual youngsters hanging around shops , but I've never heard of anyone having trouble.

Hope this helps . Any other questions just ask.
    Hi, I am considering buying in the area and was wondering if anyone knew it? Any feedback on the area would be really appreciated, good or bad! Was wondering if it was council estate or if there has ever been any trouble in the area. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭TheFarneyman

Thanks mscull,
    Im a blow in from the country and was wondering what swords is like to live in? I have a 3 year old and was considering putting her into the gaelscoil if you/anybody knows if it has a good reputation. I have heard it can be quite rough at the weekend in the village????

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

Thanks mscull,
    Im a blow in from the country and was wondering what swords is like to live in? I have a 3 year old and was considering putting her into the gaelscoil if you/anybody knows if it has a good reputation. I have heard it can be quite rough at the weekend in the village????

No Worries . I've sent you a PM about schools. As for rough at the weekends , if you look for trouble you'll find it no problem. Personally , i'm here 10 years and have yet to see a fight , however I go to the village for a meal with wife/friends and maybe a couple of drinks after , it might be different if youre the clubbing type and wandering around at 3am full of beer ;) I'm from Dublin all my life and would regard Swords Town at 11PM safer then Dublin City Centre at 11PM , but like I say I dont look for trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Im usually on Swords main street at 3am on w/ends full of beer.I've never seen any trouble,just get my chips and jump in a taxi home safe.Swords in a lovely safe little spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Thanks mscull,

At 3am in the morning it is likely to be a bit rowdy. Having said that, drunken morons are generally interested in annoying each other rather than people minding their own business. Still much safer than many other towns of similar size.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭dubsuperstar

I use to live in the area when I was younger and still have friends there.

I was also considering buying a house there last year, but I think the shops/pub is a bit of an eye sore and the waste ground across from it too.

Serious amount of teenagers around the place with nothing to do.

I love Swords but if was buying I would consider other areas before manor/berwick/abbeyvale.

As far as main street goes, if ya want a fight youll find one handy enough but ive been drinking in Swords 15 years and have felt safe every night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 106 ✭✭Babestress

I live in the estate next to it, Abbeyvale. Its fine.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Babestress you may have confused this thread with the one below which asks a similar question, but this thread is four years old and no longer relevant so I'm closing it. Feel free to join in the other one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement