Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone else buy the Planet-X 'Get Set For Winter' bundle?

• 19-09-2011 10:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭

Did anyone else buy the Planet-X 25 Lux Get Set For Winter bundle?

They've only gone and sent me the 7 lux light set instead of the 25 lux set that's advertised in the offer. :mad:

This happen to anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Joxer_S

Yea I got it, they didn't send me any lights at all. I called them and they were putting them in the post for me but I haven't got them yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭seven stars

Cheers Joxer. I phoned them this morning to see what the story was. They took my number and said they'd get back to me, but they haven't yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭thebullkf

They've only gone and sent me the 7 lux light set instead of the 25 lux set that's advertised in the offer. :mad:

Hi SS when did you order it?...ordered mine tonight,along with some other stuff.....telling me know the delivery will be held up due to one item not in stock...:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

How much were you charged? They had a bundle with the 7 lux/overshoes/beanie for £20 and then they changed it to £30 with the 25 lux.

How much were you charged? They had a bundle with the 7 lux/overshoes/beanie for £20 and then they changed it to £30 with the 25 lux.

37e for the 25lux set.....saw that as well-thought the extra power in lights was worth it though....still a good deal in fairness

• Advertisement

I definitely ordered the 25 lux set, from the page inked to above, and it came to around €43 when you add delivery to Ireland. The delivery note / invoice thing that came with the package even says '25 lux set', but the breakdown of the items on the note lists the 7 lux light, overshoes, and beanie.

In fact, I've just checked the confirmation email they sent me after I ordered (which I didn't scrutinise at the time) and it says the same thing:

ZXCLWINT - 1 - Planet X 25 Lux Get Set For Winter Bundle
    CLPXOSH-XL-BLK - 1 - Planet X Neoprene Overshoes/ X Large / Black
    LISMRTPOLFR7RR12-WHI - 1 - Smart Polaris 7 Lux Front With 1/2 Watt Rear Light Set / White
    CLPRBEANIE-OS-BLK - 1 - Pro Beanie / One Size / Black

Dunno where that leaves me, but I'll be rightly annoyed if it doesn't get sorted out one way or the next.

@thebullkf - I ordered it on the 12th September and they shipped it the following day.

@thebullkf - I ordered it on the 12th September and they shipped it the following day.

Forgot to mention - it only arrived yesterday (19th), so you're talking the best part of a week for delivery.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I got the 7 lux set but that's what was advertised, the 25 was referring to the price AFAIK???

I think someone mentioned that the 7-lux set had been up as part of a previous offer, so maybe that's what you ordered. That should've been £19.99 by the sounds of it.

The 25-lux set was £29.99. They've taken the offer down today, but it was still up there yesterday, so I took a screenshot...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I think someone mentioned that the 7-lux set had been up as part of a previous offer, so maybe that's what you ordered. That should've been £19.99 by the sounds of it.

The 25-lux set was £29.99. They've taken the offer down today, but it was still up there yesterday, so I took a screenshot...
    ZXCLWINT - 1 - Planet X Get Set For Winter Bundle
    CLPXOSH-M-BLK - 1 - Planet X Neoprene Overshoes/ Medium Large / Black [ZXCLWINT]
    LISMRTPOLFR7RR12-WHI - 1 - Smart Polaris 7 Lux Front With 1/2 Watt Rear Light Set / White [ZXCLWINT]
    CLPRBEANIE-OS-BLK - 1 - Pro Beanie / One Size / Black [ZXCLWINT]

Sounds like I did, although it does have the same code as the ones above?!?

If I knew there was a 25 lux set I would have got that as I ended up just giving the lights away to my brother as I didn't find them good enough for out the country.

• Advertisement

Hi Folks,

Just an update on this: rang planet-x just now, it seems they've oversold/over subscribed the offer and have run out of stock of the beanie hats:(

thay said they'd be ringing folks who've ordered, i was offered a smart mini-led set as a replacement i assume its this one:confused:

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/LISMRTMINI/smart-mini-led-light-set

i accepted as i really want the lights asap. i also put on my 'comments' section when ordering that friends had purchased this deal and only received the 7lux lights,whereas i wanted the 25lux as offered.

So thanks fellow boardsies for highlighting this:) and i will keep you posted as to delivery date.

btw the guy i spoke to was a gentleman and very courteous-always a good sign. can't wait now for this..!!

Didn't realise they'd withdrawn the offer, the guy never mentioned it so i assume my orders good to go...

Just phoned them again, and the lad told me they'd send out the 25-lux light set. Really hope they're not out of stock or anything, because the light is the main thing I was looking for. Bit disappointed they didn't phone me back yesterday, but these things happen I suppose, and the lad I spoke to today seemed like a very nice chap.

I think I'd prefer the smart mini-led set to a pro beanie by the way. My pro beanie arrived, but I'll be unlikely to be making much use of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Ordered the 25 lux set last thursday night and received it yesterday. Happy out with the speedy dispatch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Ordered the ZXCLWINT - 1 - Planet X Get Set For Winter Bundle on Sep 1st. I think it was a 7 LUX light but not sure. I really only wanted the flasher to supplement a Night Rider 150 Lumen unit and my over shoes are getting pretty knackered. In addition I went for the lock offer LOKRMOD-DN - 1 - Kryptonite Modulus System / Double Noose Pack Modulus 1010S to use at work.

Only the lock arrived. I've called them and spoke to a friendly helpful guy who indicated they had had a probelem at their end. The kit was shipped Friday but I haven't had delivery yet. I'll be interested to see what arrives 7 or 25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

25!

Seems a decent light - it flashes quite brightly which is what I was after ; the rear is pretty good too. One of the kids has the beanie and the overshoes are neoprene which should be warm if a little wet? (open to correction on that)

Great to hear it NMG, and I'm hoping I get the same. Delivery seems quite slow though.

received my set today, well had to collect from Post distribution centre today, very happy overall, the smart LED set is priced @ 10e IIRC, not really worth it tbh. but happy with the rest of my purchases.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Joxer_S

thebullkf wrote: »
    received my set today, well had to collect from Post distribution centre today, very happy overall, the smart LED set is priced @ 10e IIRC, not really worth it tbh. but happy with the rest of my purchases.:)

Only got mine this morning too, same craic with the delivery, the postman didn't even knock and just put the "sorry we missed you" note through the door! They look very good, got the 25 lux set as advertised.

Joxer_S wrote: »
    Only got mine this morning too, same craic with the delivery, the postman didn't even knock and just put the "sorry we missed you" note through the door! They look very good, got the 25 lux set as advertised.

Ditto!!!!

Good to hear it lads. Unfortunately mine still hasn't arrived, so I had to phone them again because it's a full week since I was last talking to them. Today the lad told me it was still marked in their system as 'in shipping', but not yet dispatched. He couldn't understand why. He said he'd personally send it today using some sort of express service.

I should probably be annoyed, but they really do seem like nice chaps.

• Advertisement
Advertisement