Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sam in Skerries

Options
  • 19-09-2011 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

Twitter says
    The Greatest Night in Skerries History tonight as Bryan and the entire Dublin team are bringing the Sam Maguire Cup home to Skerries. Meet on Strand Street at 9pm. Please note that traffic will be disrupted from 6pm to 11.30pm. Source: Skerries Chamber of Commerce

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Can someone give a cheer from me? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

yeah read it on ResDubs that after town its coming to Skerries.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭GlennaMaddy

quite a turn out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

15000 according to some papers. Sam was doing the rounds in Skerries yesterday. I hope we get to see it plenty more in the Harps.

What a weekend/Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Have not been on Boards for a few days but.......

I am sure I am speaking for all Rush people when we say congrats to Bryan Cullen on captaining Dublin to victory last Sunday. Great for Fingal football.

I have seen Bryan playing since U/12 level and he always stood out as an exceptionally good player. Always done the simple things very well, without fuss and this often sets players apart from the rest. That is still his greatest asset IMO. Great ambassador for Sport.

Maurs abu;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Great Video here :[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭PaulD77

What a few days. Was on the TV at the end of the match celebrating. Spent the night in the club celebrating. Then Monday, the missus, Caroline Lacey, from the Grill @ Ollies Place did the food for the team when they arrived in the clubhouse. Of course this opportunity was too good to be missed, so I appointed meself and me mate head of catering. We got in the clubhouse with the team and management before they went out on the pitch(Small cameo in the video above :D). Shook hands and congratualted every one of them. I was in GAA heaven.
    Then Tuesday, went down to collect the trays from the food and Bryan was there with Sam, so went straight back home, got the kids(into their Dubs gear) and went back down to get the photos down.
    It was great to see the amount of people coming into the club to get pics taken. GAA folk or not, everyone was welcome.

Advertisement