Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund if Delivery is taking too long

Options
  • 19-09-2011 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭

I purchased a bed off a company in August. They said I would have it early september. they called me to let me know I wouldnt have it until the 29th Septmber due to a delay with customs and that their delivery days are all booked out. I can however collect it in Dublin at any time.
    Am I entitled to a refund? I dont want it anymore because it has taken them too long to get it to me. Any help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

A month late is unacceptable.

Did you pay in full or just a deposit.

Did you pay for delivery. Have you a delivery date in writing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

No I was told the item would be in their shop branch Early September for me to collect.
    It also says on the reciept "approx delivery date 6-8 weeks". However this was not brought to my attention by the store.
    I Paid in full.

I ordered the 13th August.

No I was told the item would be in their shop branch Early September for me to collect.
    It also says on the reciept "approx delivery date 6-8 weeks". However this was not brought to my attention by the store.
    I Paid in full.

So you were always going to collect it from the store and it is available for collection now?

The store is in the midlands and the next delivery date for the store is the end of the month. That's when my item will be in their store for collection. they said If i want it any sooner I'll have to collect it in dublin.

The store is in the midlands and the next delivery date for the store is the end of the month. That's when my item will be in their store for collection. they said If i want it any sooner I'll have to collect it in dublin.

Oh right.

They really have you on the 6-8 weeks printed on the receipt. Something you should have read and questioned.

Spoken word is legally force able but very hard prove especially supplemented with a written contract which contradicts it.

Have you spoken to them about a refund?

• Advertisement

yes, I have demanded a refund and told them I do not want the item anymore. they said unfortunately it is non-refundable. the best they could do is offer me a cheaper model and make up for the rest with a cedit note.
    the reciept ALSO says Early september though.
    it says Comments: Delivery Early September.
    Delivery Time: 6-8 Weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

I Paid in full.

29th September is within the 6-8 weeks specified on the receipt, so unless they are feeling "nice", you are on fairly weak grounds for a complaint.

29th September is within the 6-8 weeks specified on the receipt, so unless they are feeling "nice", you are on fairly weak grounds for a complaint.

Even if it says;
    Comments: collection Early September.
    Arent they contradicting themselves on the reciept here?

Even if it says;
    Comments: collection Early September.
    Arent they contradicting themselves on the reciept here?

Well that changes it really.

How did you pay?

Paid full in Cash,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

It's only another 10 days, even if you did succeed in cancelling you probably won't get a refund within that time any way. Double check the contract terms on the docket, it's normal to find they have covered themselves against unforeseen delays. If they said it would be another 6-8weeks then you would have strong grounds to cancel.

Advertisement