Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!

Options
  • 19-09-2011 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭

Lads,

In one of my more genius moves, I have deleted a load of photos from Arcade con that Rachel was using in her thesis. Can anyone stay my execution and tell me they have photos from that day?

Thanks
    Dead man walking,
    Aj

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

I have 3 or 4 of the Chun Li/Guile VA match if that's any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Konata wrote: »
    I have 3 or 4 of the Chun Li/Guile VA match if that's any help?

Yes...... any and all welcome. email? FB?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Zoomyzoom

You're a star! Thank you thank you thank you :)

They're more for visual aids (jogging my memory) so no worries if they're out of focuse, etc.

Cool cool. I'll upload them later (gotta go to college now) and link them to ya in PM :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

You know how I'm the best ever? I have the full zip file still. I'll send you a PM with the link.

• Advertisement

Voa wrote: »
    You know how I'm the best ever? I have the full zip file still. I'll send you a PM with the link.

You're a star! Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Voa wrote: »
    I have the full zip file still.

Unfortunately Voa didn't have em. Anyone else?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

There's a wee v log on the youtube channel if that helps. Not too much in it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Alas I did not take any pictures that day.
    I did get the most important footage though:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

If your thesis isn't already finished, I was watching a poker game there online and they were using all sorts of word in all sorts of poker specific ways. This might be something you could reference, if you were taking a general view of "gaming terminology"... since poker's technically a game.

(Assuming this is the same thesis about the language used by gamers which was mentioned in a thread here a while back :P)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Sairus wrote: »
    Alas I did not take any pictures that day.
    I did get the most important footage though:

Loooooool

Sairus, you are dead to me.

AJ, I've PM'd you a link to the photos I have. They're not great but at least they're something.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Have you tried a recovery program? Something like recuva might be able to save you...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

There some software you can recover this stuff with, i have a copy somewhere on my linux box I'll see if I can find it for you.

Thank you guys for all the help... the videos and photos are great! I really appreciate it.

Thanks (raah!) for the Poker comment... it would work well as a comparison! I'm back in college this week and I'll be at a few more tournaments until I feel I've got enough data. Rather have too much than too little :) I'll be spending the next 8 months finishing off my research and then the write up. Hope to have everything put together and ready for printing by mid May.

Advertisement