Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Your chance to win a Triumph GT6 MK3 (and support a good cause)

Options
  • 19-09-2011 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭

Firstly, thanks to the moderators of the Classic Cars forum, and also to Dav, for allowing me to post this.

For several years now, my parents have been involved in fundraising for The Chernobyl Orphans' Fund. The charity got an amazing boost recently when an anonymous individual donated a Triumph GT6 MK3 vintage sports car. This car is being raffled to raise much needed funds on September 23rd (next Friday) in the Mills Inn, Ballyvourney, Co. Cork.

57r4fo.jpg
    (Click for larger image)

The full list of prizes is as follows:
    1st Prize: Vintage Triumph GT6 MkIII Car
    2nd Prize: Two nights B&B for two people at the Maritime Hotel, Bantry, Co. Cork.
    3rd Prize: €200 voucher for Tyres from Cronin's Motorhomes, Cill na Martra, Macroom, Co. Cork.
    4th Prize: Reversing Camera Kit (value of €200) from Bantry Campers, Bantry, Co. Cork.
    5th Prize: €50 voucher for Lee's Hair Salon, Macroom, Co. Cork

Tickets cost €5 each, or 3 for €10, and are being sold under permit from Macroom Garda Siochana.

If you wish to purchase tickets, please contact me via PM.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,317 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Best of luck with the fundraising. Thread stickied and I just bought the first tickets :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

I bought tickets for this in Innishannon this year, so how can it be a new raffle?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It's the same raffle. If you check the counterfoils, you will see the draw is being held on September 23rd.

Thank you for supporting by buying the tickets at Inishannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

dudara wrote: »
    It's the same raffle. If you check the counterfoils, you will see the draw is being held on September 23rd.

Thank you for supporting by buying the tickets at Inishannon.

It's nice looking car(always hankered after a GT6), and its for a good cause.

It's nice looking car(always hankered after a GT6), and its for a good cause.

It's a sweet little car, and looks mighty fine when moving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ianofitz

any news on the winner? was i right in hearing that the draw was on the 23rd?

First off, thanks so much to everyone who supported this cause. Thanks to the Boards team who allowed me to do this, and a second thannks to the members of the Triumph Classic Owners Club who got in touch based on this thread.

In total, over €20,000 was raised, which is absolutely amazing in the current climate.

Unfortunately, none of the internet purchasers were successful in the draw (:(). In fact, none of the tickets I sold was a winner.

The winner of the car was
    Sue Murphy,
    Clonmeen,
    Banteer,
    Co Cork.

She was fairly gobsmacked when she heard the news, as she didn't purchase a ticket herself. Obviously a family member entered on her behalf.

That's a great result. Well done to all those involved in organising it :)

And well wear Sue :cool:

I'll hope she'll log on to boards and posts a few pictures here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gleegal

I know Sue, she's a lovely woman. Her family are car enthusiasts so the Triumph is going to a good home and will be looked after.

gleegal wrote: »
    I know Sue, she's a lovely woman. Her family are car enthusiasts so the Triumph is going to a good home and will be looked after.

That's brilliant news. And welcome to boards :)

Would you do us all a great favour and ask Sue to sign up to boards (like you did) and post a few pics?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gleegal

unkel wrote: »
    gleegal wrote: »

That's brilliant news. And welcome to boards :)

Would you do us all a great favour and ask Sue to sign up to boards (like you did) and post a few pics?

Will defo ask her

Advertisement