Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American employers sorting out your H1-B work VISA?

Options
  • 19-09-2011 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

I recently had an interview for an engineering position in the US. I do not hold a work VISA but I was under the impression that US companies have a means of sorting this for you. The complany said they will look into the VISA situation on their end and see if it would pose any obstacles.

Does anyone know how long or difficult the process would be for the company to establish a work VISA on my behalf?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,242 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

EJLL wrote: »
    I recently had an interview for an engineering position in the US. I do not hold a work VISA but I was under the impression that US companies have a means of sorting this for you. The complany said they will look into the VISA situation on their end and see if it would pose any obstacles.

Does anyone know how long or difficult the process would be for the company to establish a work VISA on my behalf?

It depend on a lot of things.

Is this the first time the company has tried to obtain a H1B ?

There are a good number of legal forms to be filled by the company for a for a H1B application and they have to use an immigration lawyer to do so, therefore if the company is not familiar with the process it may take then longer to get up to speed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭EJLL

I believe it is the first time that the company has attempted to obtain a H1-B. It does not sound promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Darren1o1

EJLL wrote: »

I am an Engineer with a H1b in the US. PM if you want more details.

Advertisement