Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving To Dublin

Options
  • 19-09-2011 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi All,

i have recently gotten a job with SAP in Citywest Business Campus,in Dublin and am looking for the best place to get an apartment/house. I would like to be close enough to work so that I dont have to spend a fortune in petrol or public transport. However I would like to be relatively near the city centre so I can visit friends and go out there at the weekends without paying an enormous taxi bill home. I do also have some friends in Naas and Cellbridge so I guess living out in Citywest wouldnt be the worst. To make matters more complicated I have 4 persian show cats that I will be taking with me, so the bigger place I can get for the 5 of us the better and hopefully in time I can find a roomate that loves cats.

Any advice? How long would it take to drive to and from Citywest to city centre or Ranelagh/Rathmines/Rathfarnam in the mornings and evenings? All the stops on the red Luas line dont seem to be on Daft, any idea where these are?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Lucan might be an option for you.
    Rental prices are fairly reasonable and you'd only be a short hop down the outer ring road to Citywest every day ~5-10mins.
    The bus takes 20-25 minutes from Lucan to the city centre and the area is also serviced by Nitelinks. Taxis cost about €20-25 from the city centre out to the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Citywest would be handiest I spose,lots of apartments around Citywest shopping centre too,which is right beside the Fortunestown Luas Stop.Taxi home would in the region of €20 or so depending what part of town you get one from.

Advertisement