If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for 40" Full HD LED tv

Options
  • 19-09-2011 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭

Hi guys...

I've decided to go for a 40", 100Hz min, Full HD LED TV that I can stream on (via laptop).

It does not need to be Smart or have wifi built in. As long as a dongle will work I'm happy, I'll be streaming from laptop to TV, want to do this wirelessly. I'll need to buy/get the dongle with the TV.

I'm open to suggestion ref the TV being 3D but not necessary (offers greater than 100Hz correct?).

Can you help point me in the right direction?.

Thanks in advance, L91.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

I see you have the PHILIPS 40PFL7605H ex demo on your website for €650. Would this do what I want?. I see it refers to ethernet connection, does that mean there is not a possibility of a wifi dongle for it?.

Anybody any suggestions?, anybody from richersounds?.....

Had a look at that 42" from ibood yesterday but apart from it not being a 40" which is what I want it got poor reviews.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Hi guys...

I've decided to go for a 40", 100Hz min, Full HD LED TV that I can stream on (via laptop).

It does not need to be Smart or have wifi built in. As long as a dongle will work I'm happy, I'll be streaming from laptop to TV, want to do this wirelessly. I'll need to buy/get the dongle with the TV.

I'm open to suggestion ref the TV being 3D but not necessary (offers greater than 100Hz correct?).

Can you help point me in the right direction?.

Thanks in advance, L91.

L91,

apologies for the awful delay getting back to you!

We are completely sold out of the 7605 series now in Ireland (pity, excellent TV!)

The replacement for the 7605 is now only available in 42" guise and we are doing it at €999 - (but if you want a Boardie price, just drop me a line and I'll get the red pen out ;))

Alternatively you could go with the LG 42LE5900 which has just been reduced to £499.95 / €599.99 http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/lg/42le5900/lg-42le5900 - Have a speclook and give us a shout if its of interest to you - or indeed if we can assist with any other models.

Apologies again for the delay and keep us posted..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

L91,

We are completely sold out of the 7605 series now in Ireland (pity, excellent TV!)

The replacement for the 7605 is now only available in 42" guise and we are doing it at €999 - (but if you want a Boardie price, just drop me a line and I'll get the red pen out ;))

Alternatively you could go with the LG 42LE5900 which has just been reduced to £499.95 / €599.99 http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/lg/42le5900/lg-42le5900 - Have a speclook and give us a shout if its of interest to you - or indeed if we can assist with any other models.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Tks for coming back to me... Pity about the 7605. Unfortunately its a 40" that we want so I probably can't do the LG one. Let me know if a 40" matching my requirements appears.

L91,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Tks again... I've bought the stand, now all I need is the TV. If you come across one that matches with what I'm looking for can you DM me or reply on this thread?. Many thanks. Keen to buy ASAP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there.

Take a look at this model :

http://www.richersounds.com/product/led-tv/lg/42lv550t/lg-42lv550

DLNA streaming, smart TV, 100Hz, 42" LED etc etc.

Think this may suit, but let me know what you think.

Also available in a 37" if the 42" is too big. The picture on the 37" is slightly sharper.

ATB

Dave

Hi there.

Take a look at this model :

http://www.richersounds.com/product/led-tv/lg/42lv550t/lg-42lv550

DLNA streaming, smart TV, 100Hz, 42" LED etc etc.

Think this may suit, but let me know what you think.

Also available in a 37" if the 42" is too big. The picture on the 37" is slightly sharper.

ATB

Dave

Thanks Dave, nice TV alright but 42" is a little big for me. 40" is what I want. Ref the 37" version is that the one that is not a Smart TV?, does it do DLNA streaming ok?, is this via a dongle or ethernet or both?.

Hi Leslie.

The 37" does do smart TV and DLNA streaming.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/led-tv/lg/37lv550t/lg-37lv550

The 37" is £499.95 / 589 Euro.

The 42" is only 2cm wider than a 40" so you have to bear this in mind when you are looking as there are only a few manufacturers that make 40" models.

That 37" is a very nice TV and I would suggest the 37" over the 42 as the picture is a little bit sweeter on the 37".

Let me know what you think.

ATB

Dave

Hi Leslie.

The 37" does do smart TV and DLNA streaming.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/led-tv/lg/37lv550t/lg-37lv550

The 37" is £499.95 / 589 Euro.

The 42" is only 2cm wider than a 40" so you have to bear this in mind when you are looking as there are only a few manufacturers that make 40" models.

That 37" is a very nice TV and I would suggest the 37" over the 42 as the picture is a little bit sweeter on the 37".

ATB

Dave

Tx Dave I must have been looking at another 37", just saw the below Samsung on your site, do you have these?. Would you still be of the opinion the 37" above is the better TV?.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/samsung/ue40d5520/sams-ue40d5520

I have a 1000mm wide stand for the telly. I take it a 37" might not be wide enough for my stand?, what's your opinion?.

Hi Leslie.

Sorry for the very late reply.

A 1m stand is generally perfect for a 42" TV.

A 37" will always be less wide than the stand on a 1m stand.

Do you want the TV to match the same width as the top shelf ?

Thanks

Dave

• Advertisement

Hi Leslie.

Sorry for the very late reply.

A 1m stand is generally perfect for a 42" TV.

A 37" will always be less wide than the stand on a 1m stand.

Do you want the TV to match the same width as the top shelf ?

Thanks

Dave

Hi Dave... no, the TV does not have to match width I just think 37" would not be wide enough for 1m stand. And a 42" too big (in general, I understand widthwise it should be ok). Hence why I am after 40". Any sign of any good quality/deals coming in a 40" LED Full HD 100Hz with ethernet port?.

Hi Leslie.

Not at the minute. The range of 40"'s is very small due to the fact that not all the manufacturers make 40" models.

A 40" measure 96cm wide on average. A 42" measures about 100cm and a 37" measures about 90cm.

The difference in the 40" to 42" is 2cm either side, so if you expand your options to 40" or 42" you will have a lot more options.

ATB

Dave

Hi Leslie.

Not at the minute. The range of 40"'s is very small due to the fact that not all the manufacturers make 40" models.

A 40" measure 96cm wide on average. A 42" measures about 100cm and a 37" measures about 90cm.

The difference in the 40" to 42" is 2cm either side, so if you expand your options to 40" or 42" you will have a lot more options.

ATB

Dave

OK Dave I'll somewhat reluctantly start looking at 42" aswell. Did not want to go this big but will consider if spec and price is right. Let me know when you have one that would fit the bill. I see you are out of the LG at present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

I went for a Samsung UE40D5520.

It's a 50Hz set but the reviewers report very good motion handling, which was more important to me than numbers.

What HiFi

Trusted Reviews
    Tech Radar
    HDTVTest

shayser wrote: »
    I went for a Samsung UE40D5520.

It's a 50Hz set but the reviewers report very good motion handling, which was more important to me than numbers.

What HiFi

Trusted Reviews
    Tech Radar
    HDTVTest

Thanks for the advice Shayser.... but I still think I need the comfort blanket of 100Hz.

Hi Dave... how about this one?.

Sharp LC40LE531E

Is this new to you?. Saw it on your richersounds.com site today, is this you guys too?. Seems it ticks most my boxes no?.....
    Hi Leslie.

ATB

Dave

Hi Leslie.

This is a new one that has just landed into the UK so I haven't seen it yet.

I love the USB record option that Sharp put on their TV's but I can't guarantee that it's Saorview approved.

Looks like a really nice TV and does tick the boxes.

ATB

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Hi Dave... how about this one?.

Sharp LC40LE531E

Is this new to you?. Saw it on your richersounds.com site today, is this you guys too?. Seems it ticks most my boxes no?.....
    Cursed Saorview.

I can make your choice abit easier maybe.

Saorview boxes are only €50 now in Argos (Thread) and it's a year to go untill Analogue switch off so by then they'll probably be €20 so if you don't mind the extra box under the Telly just get one with the spec you want.

Hi Leslie.

This is a new one that has just landed into the UK so I haven't seen it yet.

I love the USB record option that Sharp put on their TV's but I can't guarantee that it's Saorview approved.

Looks like a really nice TV and does tick the boxes.

ATB

Dave

Damn... it appears it does not do DLNA. Is this the case?, I can't find a Sharp spec for the TV anywhere on the net.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/led-tv/sharp/lc40le531e/shar-lc40le531e

Thanks Hal for the heads up ref Saorview boxes.

Hi Leslie.

You are quite correct.

It doesn't.

Some of the manufacturers put the money into the performance rather than into the features.

I have spoke to our purchasing guys and they reckon that this is certainly the case with this one.

The picture is reported to be amazing which is why they went for it as a stock line.

Keep me posted.

ATB

Dave

• Advertisement

Hi Leslie.

You are quite correct.

It doesn't.

Some of the manufacturers put the money into the performance rather than into the features.

I have spoke to our purchasing guys and they reckon that this is certainly the case with this one.

The picture is reported to be amazing which is why they went for it as a stock line.

Keep me posted.

ATB

Dave

Damn, that's a real pity. Thought we were sorted with the Sharp. Would have thought DLNA would almost be a minimum feature requirement now, ah well.

Change of plan Dave, we will look at your 37" tellys too. 42" will be too big in our living room.

In terms of 37" LED 100Hz 1080P DLNA, what would you be recommending?. DO you still think the LG one is best bet?. i.e. the 550T?.

Hi Leslie.

Yes, the 37LV550T would still be the best option.

The 37" offers a sharper image to that of the 42" and with the features and picture quality, the LG would be the best value around.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭gripcasey

Hi Leslie

Just got the 47LV550T from dave today and have set it up. So far very happy with it.

^^^^^ Have ya a Playstation?

Stick on a game and see how it runs?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭gripcasey

PS3 died a few aweeks ago. next purchase I hope. But my son is very happy with the xbox on it.

gripcasey wrote: »
    PS3 died a few aweeks ago. next purchase I hope. But my son is very happy with the xbox on it.
    Great, thanks.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.