Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Broadband

• 19-09-2011 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Has anybody have any experience with Digiweb Broadband as am switching to them shortly.
    What is there service like compared to others, are there speeds consistent or any drop outs with there connection

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Dsl or wireless?

I have the 12mb metro package at home for the last 2 years,it has been excellent.
    We always get near enough the 12mb down, we only have 1mb up which is a little slow but does us.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 exterminator447

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Dsl or wireless?

I have the 12mb metro package at home for the last 2 years,it has been excellent.
    We always get near enough the 12mb down, we only have 1mb up which is a little slow but does us.

Thanks Moonbeam.

I was looking into the DSL side of it as I ordered it this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

Thanks Moonbeam.

I was looking into the DSL side of it as I ordered it this morning

Their service is excellent. Eircom said I could only recieve 2meg max on my line. I went with the 3meg dsl from digiweb and this is what im getting 1491108209.png

So if you want that little bit extra out of your line go with digiweb ;)
    The speed is consistent. Never slows down. For gaming you need to have the console close enough to the router. 5-6 meters or else you'll get noticeable lag spikes. That is if they give you the zyxel version. I got broadband off them a month ago so im assuming you'll get that one aswell. It took them 3weeks to move the line and send out the modem , they told me id me waiting 2 weeks max :/. Their customer service is alright but if you're looking for better technical advice use their web chat service herehere . Their service of checking your data (mytraffic.digiweb.ie)works most of the time but for me it often gives me someone else's results. They only slow you down if you go over 120% of your allowance :)

Overall I like them and they are fast :)

Overall they are ok .

Have the 8mb "next generation broadband" package and I, without fail get 5.25mb per second download speed. I wonder where the rest goes...but I'm still pleased with it, it's very reliable, works great with xbox live and for streaming films etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Hey guys,

Have no phoneline in the house and cannot be serviced by UPC unfortunately - would the wireless broadband be a decent alternative? Looking at the Metro Home package at the moment for €39.95 p/m, download speed of 8mb, upload 1mb, traffic included for free 60gb and free installation cost. Any drawbacks? Would it be okay for gaming? Also, how long did it take for you guys to order and then have it up and running?

Appreciate any reply, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It depends on the latency and upload that you need for gaming.
    Generally our latency is about 8 - 15 ms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

I contacted them but I can't get the wireless in my area - they're recommending that we go with the Smart Telecom route and have the NextGen 10mb installed - know much about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Giz1007

Renn where are you based?

If you go the route suggested you'll need a phone line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

considering switching to digiweb too from utv internet. as their price seems great.

are the speeds good?

ipodrocker wrote: »
    considering switching to digiweb too from utv internet. as their price seems great.

are the speeds good?

Ipodrocker, where u based? If you can get their metro service go for it, It's really good, have it over 6 years now and can vouch for the speeds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

Giz1007, im living in dublin18

sorry cannot help any further, Im in galway.
    You need line of sight with metro to the mast but not sure in Dublin where they are located, if you check the boards further you might get a location.

Advertisement