Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead or Alive 5

Options
  • 19-09-2011 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

So I think the new Doa looks like it could be fun. It seems like the combat hasnt changed much which means it will be familiar and im sure they will have a ridiculously broken boss character to frustrate people:D.
    Day one Ryu Hayabusa Jann Lee team.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I actually played a ridiculous amount of DOA2 on the PS2 as it was one of the only decent launch titles.

I'm not even sure if it's a good game, and I'm pretty sure me and everyone I played was terrible at it; but we had a lot of fun.

Definitely like it way more than Tekken or VF.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

Any game that uses dream on by aerosmith gets my thumbs up. I doubt this game will get much love to be honest due to the skimpy outfits and huge jubblies but much like soul calibur you have to look past that and just enjoy it as a fighting game.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

The theme for the new game according to Tecmo is "fighting experience", so I get the feeling it'll be the Motorstorm Apocalypse of fighting games. That is, the actual game engine itself will be a lot more vague than before and will take a backseat to fancy stuff going on around you to make things look more exciting.

This is probably a good step for the DOA series since it's a niche that hasn't exactly been filled, and DOA will never make it as a respected competitive fighting game without doing a major overhaul of almost everything in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Boobies!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Monkeyto wrote: »
    Boobies!

C'mon man it's not just about boobies.

There's panty shots to be considered as well. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I hope it's the single player is fun.

I had loads of memories of DOA3 and just messing with the AI, throwing them off the cliffs and doing counter moves on them through walls etc, tag team combos and the likes

DOA4 was not fun in any way, the AI was ridiculous, countering your every move and you couldn't really do much fun things as you could in DOA3 and it just didn't interest me, I bought it purely to mess with the stages and stuff, (was only 10 euro though)

tl;dr, make DOA5 AI fun :p and Day 1 Hitomi/Kokoro less go

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Didn't even realize there was a new game in the works. I playing DOA4 for a week or two there around xmas, and I really enjoyed it. Hadn't a clue what I was doing, but still really enjoyed it. The background interaction was fantastic. First time I'd played a DOA game since the first one of PS1.
    I'll give a new one a spin, for sure. I'm guessing there's no video footage of it just yet (ya know, to see what the gameplay is like... and judge the moves... and see what cast have returned... and this has nothing to do with my wanting to see all the boobies. Honest!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭spacenugget

Christie/Leon :D
    I actually played the living crap out of DOA4, a lot of it had to do with some friends enjoying it too (very rare for them to play FGs). Must have been the Boobies. But yeah once I got the arcade stick I never tried to relearn DOA.

Leon better be in 5, I want to be able to gut punch people 50feet, use use characters as human javelins and headbut defenceless ninjas on the ground again. Fecking epic bastard in his Gladiator outfit. :pac:

I found that myself. Friends who wouldnt go near fighting games were drawn in by the......character design;) and if mortal kombat has thought us anything its that people like ninjas:).
    Im sure Leon will be an alternate costume for Bayman although I agree Leon is the better of the two they wrote him out of the story in the third one and are now looking for a reason to bring him back.

• Advertisement

Ignore the commentating douchebag and this is a really good match of DOA4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

That trailer did feck all for me. Didn't make me think of eyeball-disintegratingly-speedy gameplay, like DOA games usually do. I'll look forward to some more footage.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

re: DoA

The Story of DOA – Politics, Corruption, and Trash

best use of post 6,666 yet

Advertisement