Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

X5 Alloys 235/35/19 ??

• 19-09-2011 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi all, i'm new here and looking for a bit of advice...

i'm changing the alloys on my X5 not because i'm too concerned about cosmetics but need new tyres and have been offered a set of alloys with good tyres for next to nothing but the tyre profile is quite low they measure 235/35/19

does any one know if they would be suitable?

many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

I reckon you'll get a better response in Motors
    Thread Moved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I would say they'll be bone shakers and useless in the snow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Maybe a bit low profile and very skinny on the rear..

I think the standards come with 285/50's.. I'd stick closer to the recommended size.. Should be on a sticker on inside of drivers door jam...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

What size tyres are on the car at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

If you have the reg, you can put it in here:

http://www.motorcheck.ie/blog/tyre-lookup

It will tell you what tyre size was standard, and also list the options available.

Check whether 235/35/19 was an OEM option - it possibly was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

R.O.R wrote: »

Check whether 235/35/19 was an OEM option - it possibly was.

Probably was as a winter tyre, not a summer though! I know the E46 M3 has 255 Summers on the rear but was OEM offered with 225's (should use 235 though).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 gavyd

there is 235/65/17 on it currently (which are the original as per motorcheck.ie Thanks) but they are far too high a profile i think and wheels look really small with alot of rubber.

Advertisement