If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Onkyo HTS5405

Options
  • 19-09-2011 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Hi lads

Thinking about getting the Onkyo HTS5405 you have advertised for £350 to complement my (slightly aged now, but working annoyingly well) Sony Bravia 40" LCD, PS3, Sky+HD and Humax Foxsat HDR setup. It gets exceptionally good reviews from where I have found them, would you recommend it for my setup?

Also, what would the delivery cost me and how long would it take? Do you still do a boardsie discount? (arm being chanced heavily here! ;) )

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭paulhardman

Oh, and, is the PS3 (fat one) good enough to output decent 5.1 sound from blu-ray films, or should I be looking at a separate BD player?

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭paulhardman

Hi richersounds team, any thoughts? Do you have the kit in stock?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi lads

Thinking about getting the Onkyo HTS5405 you have advertised for £350 to complement my (slightly aged now, but working annoyingly well) Sony Bravia 40" LCD, PS3, Sky+HD and Humax Foxsat HDR setup. It gets exceptionally good reviews from where I have found them, would you recommend it for my setup?

Also, what would the delivery cost me and how long would it take? Do you still do a boardsie discount? (arm being chanced heavily here! ;) )

Cheers

Paul,

apologies for the delay getting back to you :o

We are out of stock of the HTS5405, but stock's arriving back in on Friday so no huge delay... http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/onkyo/hts5405/onky-hts5405

£349.95 is the best price I can do at the moment - but I'll do delivery at £9.95 for you on that - its a cracking product to be fair!

On the PS3, its grand as a starter unit, however I would budget to replace it with a dedicated separate BR player at an early stage - you really will notice the difference!

Keep us posted if we can assist - and again apologies for the delay getting back to you..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.