Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First build/Oh look it's this thread again

Options
  • 19-09-2011 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hey guys. Looking to put together my first PC for gaming. I'm coming from a Dell XPS M1730. I'm not too up on terms but have a basic idea of what's needed. I'd like the build to be future proof and to keep to a budget of €1000 although I could potentially go to 100 over if necessary, if it's possible to do better for less please let me know. I want to play Skyrim on max settings, that's a must :D

Questions, is the PSU enough? Will the stock fans in the case be okay? Is everything compatible? Is wireless built in to the Mobo? Do I need to order any other wires from Komplett or are they included? Is the processor too much? I've been told an i5 will be fine, cheaper too, but again, the idea is future proofing and it'll be a long time 'til I have money to spend on a PC again. And lastly, stuck between a Asus 6970 and GTX570, what do you think?:confused:

Case
    DVD Drive
    Motherboard
    RAM
    Hard Drive
    Processor
    Graphics
    PSU

Again, sorry for what must be the millionth time you guys have seen this thread, don't really have many other people I could ask!

Comments

Advertisement