Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vet Bed

• 19-09-2011 2:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

where will I get the best price on vet bed? I am hoping to make it to the pet expo but if not where can I buy it? I am in Galway. How much should I expect it to be?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I'm planning on stocking up at Pet Expo too lol!!! :Dhttp://www.bronteglen.ie/ have offers on it some times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭Groom!

Are there different grades of vet bed or is it one brand only?

Just want to make sure I get the real thing that will last.

I still have some that I bought 8 years ago, and I wash it at 90 degrees, though I have seen some lesser quality stuff, can't remember where.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

Are there any dog shows on around your area? BG vet bed was being sold at one near us recently and we got it there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

They have a roll of it in Pet Mania in Galway. I got a wodge of it a while back... can't remember exactly how much but they didn't seem to charge me as much as it was advertised at per m.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Incheerocket

Yeah, I can recommend Bronteglen, great service and they have all grades, I have bought from them and found it good quality that has lasted years, in and out of the washing machine weekly and no probs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

This is where I got mine. Good value and it washes really well.

http://www.k9komforts.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

boomerang wrote: »
    This is where I got mine. Good value and it washes really well.

http://www.k9komforts.ie/

I was having a browse and saw a bed which is 3 times the price I paid in a local shop :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Maxi zoo sell it as well off the roll. But hope too as well get a deal at the Expo got a great deal last time from the Bronteglen stand.
    My girls have loads of pink vet bed now so need to get a bit of boyish vet bed next to replace the grey I've had for years, it's still going strong I just fancy a change of colour.

I have gotten vet bed that's come in a box and the edges are a lot neater but the stuff cut off the roll is fine as well.

Coming to think of it depending on what offers are going I must look out for the extra thick one esp. as my two girls are now 7 and 12 neither have arthritis or anything but they are getting on a bit and an extra thick one would be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

I bought the light blue one from petmania and my 2 ripped it to shreds in 2 days so i'd suggest if you buy it from there check the quality.

There'll be a line of boardsies at the vet bed stand!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

tk123 wrote: »

If I go I might be seen in that line too! :D Been thinking of getting some for a while now.

Whispered wrote: »
    I was having a browse and saw a bed which is 3 times the price I paid in a local shop :eek:

Yeah, they are expensive for somethings alright. But I met him at a Royal Canin event last year and got oodles of 2m x 1m sheets of the best quality vet bed (the type with a rubber grip backing) for €18 a piece. The only place I've found better value than that on vet bed is at Crufts!

tk123 wrote: »

Vet bed is just the most amazing thing ever invented for pets. My dogs LOVE the stuff and it is so practical! Definitely the best purchase I've ever made for them. :)

There'll be a line of boardsies at the vet bed stand!
    Last year we were one of the first to get to the stand, they were right out the front and I bought two big sheets straight away just in case someone else spotted them..meant carrying them around all day though. as so worth it.

I got the non-slip backing for the pink vet bed, it does come off a little bit but not much but it really helps to keep the vet bed in the their bed and not go flying all over the place when they jump out.

Can't wait for the expo this year!

Btw anyone know if bronteglen are going to even be there this year? Or we'll all be walking around like headless chickens looking for them lol

I was wondering about buying stuff like that - are you allowed out to the car or do you have to lug the stuff around? I'm definitely getting vetbed and possibly food if it's on offer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

I saw a roll in a Galway petshop for nearly 30 a metre:eek: when I was shopping for a dog bed. Can someone explain why it's good? (my rapidly growing pup is still sleeping in a cat bed)
    Is it washable? How can so many dog beds for sale not be washable...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Yes its washable, its great. The rubber backed stuff is the best as its non slip. Its very good bedding and not as easily ripped/chewed as other bedding. Good for joints too.

I wouldnt use any other type of bedding for my dogs now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

For me it is perfect as it does not smell anywhere near those quilts or big beds. I was driven crazy trying to wash the quilts and they always smelled badly..these vet beds dont for some reason:confused: and they fit in the washing machine easier for me.
    they are very soft, I use them doubled up on top of a memory foam and it is perfect for my dogs with joint/back issues.
    the dogs love them too which is always a good thing:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Thanks everyone, I rang bronteglen to see if they would be at the pet expo but just got voicemail. Will try later on.

• Advertisement

TillyGirl wrote: »
    Thanks everyone, I rang bronteglen to see if they would be at the pet expo but just got voicemail. Will try later on.

If they say no point them to this thread lol :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Way ahead of you, already thought of that!!

Advertisement