Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mpv faster than a 911

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Who buys a turbo Meriva? Suppose it'd be better than the ****ty 1.4 anyway - my parents have one.

Opels :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Interior hasn't worn well.

I kinda like the idea of them but would prefer the Zafira.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

"safe as a jeep".

I don't think that means what he thinks it means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Confab wrote: »
    Who buys a turbo Meriva? Suppose it'd be better than the ****ty 1.4 anyway - my parents have one.

Opels :mad:

I think they're deadly anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

That Meriva looks like it has a hell of a lot more miles than 13k anyway! Such a cheap tacky car..horrible yoke!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Never heard of them, so looked it up, the OPC 1.6 turbo does 0-100 in 8.2s

About as fast as a small family diesel hatch, not quite Porsche 911 beating stuff :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Must have spent a few quid to drop 2secs off its 0-62 time.
    As far as "safe as a jeep", I say orly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

This is an MPV thats faster than a lot of older F1 cars, every Porsche ever built, indeed almost every car ever built. 0-60 in 2.8 secs.

I've driven one of these, fastest standard MPV around I'd say but notorious on juice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

SV wrote: »
    I think they're deadly anyway!

Like all Opels of the last generations they are wretched inside. Horrible squareness everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

OSI wrote: »
    Surely the fact that it's an Opel VXR should have alarm bells ringing?

Cartell has it registered as an Opel OPC, and it's got an Opel badge on the front.

Looks like someone stuck VXR decals on the boot.

I'd say it was probably an Opel Ireland car originally, I've defiantely seen another Meriva OPC that was being driven by the head guy at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

6.7 me arse

Who buys stuff like this anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

colm_mcm wrote: »

ppl who used to drive proper fast cars then got kids but loved speed too much to give in to bogo spec maybe? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Jagle

anyone wanna ring him up and explain that a 1984 911 will do 0-60 in 6.3 seconds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

ppl who used to drive proper fast cars then got kids but loved speed too much to give in to bogo spec maybe? :confused:

Exactly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

colm_mcm wrote: »
    6.7 me arse

Somebody suffering from a mid-life crisis I'd imagine.

Advertisement