Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exemptions...

Options
  • 19-09-2011 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

I'm considering seeking an exemption for one of the soft skills modules in the Msc Data Analytics course. What constitutes sufficient previous learning?

Would x years of professional experience, and a reference from a manager be sufficient for a module like "Problem solving and innovation"?

Or would I get laughed out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

SLDeviant wrote: »
    I'm considering seeking an exemption for one of the soft skills modules in the Msc Data Analytics course. What constitutes sufficient previous learning?

Would x years of professional experience, and a reference from a manager be sufficient for a module like "Problem solving and innovation"?

Or would I get laughed out.

As a guess I reckon you could get away with a specific class if you have said professional experience, but I doubt you could get out of something like problem solving and innovation, it normally involves novel techniques and feeds into the rest of your course. Unless your work was as an innovation consultant or something? :)

Advertisement