Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with idea, any suggestions welcome

Options
  • 19-09-2011 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

Ahoy all. About a year ago i got my first tattoo(see link) its the logo of a band ive been a massive fan of for years-And So I Watch You From Afar-.

i love it but i find it a bit plain and i wish to add a bit more to it, my idea is to incorporate the phrase "Dont Waste Time Doing Things You Hate" into it, as this is a song title and an overall positive message ;) but im not sure how to incorporate it.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/228682_211858818832626_100000255277663_814633_6625887_n.jpg

A plain writing underneath my chest doesnt seem worth the effort so im wondering if any of you fine artsy people can think of a cool and interesting way to incorporate that phrase into the existing tattoo :D

In terms of "guidelines" i'd rather not have something too crazy or massive, the tattoo is sombre and minimalist and i'd like the incorporation to reflect that, kind of a gritty, dark, stagnant kind of thing but work away yourselves!

Sincere thanks to any and all who help!
    -Niall

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

How about the phrase going around the outside edges?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Camilo

Aye i thought about that but it isnt quite what im looking for, cheers for the thought though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Maybe get the writing in the triangle shape in the type of font used on an album cover?

andsoiwatchyoufromafara.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

Nice hickey ;)

You could try UV or silver ink (I'd never use them myself as allergic to a lot of stuff) and write the phrasing over the logo's triangles. If you just want the words I suggest going up the left triangle's outside, and down the outside of the right one. The thing about writing is the letters have to be a certain size otherwise they'll be a nice blob in a few years' time, so keep that in mind also.

Maybe either you could put an eyeball (from the album posted) in the centre of the image, or overlaid on the top? You could customise it to your own preference so it's not too OTT or out of place or whatever. I think if you're going for the phrasing though, you'd be better off getting it put somewhere else on your body rather than tacking it onto this one, but that's just my style :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Camilo

Loving the ideas guys and gals keep 'em coming :)

cheers for that info about the writing being a certain size and the other info sunshine but unfortunatly thats not a hickey ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

pas wrote: »
    Níl a fhios agat ? ?

For threads posted in English, please try to keep your reply in English, or post it in both languages.

Advertisement