Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 jig their Bill pay price plans.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭da wiseguy

another reason i am leaving o2...! their customer care is ridiculous. they never seem to understand the NOT call me during office hours, although they are happy enough to call me once a week during office hours for me to tell them NOT to call me during office hours.

i am on an iphone plan and want to come off of it and go android...and told them that phones and plans are cheaper on other networks...told them that meteor have a much better plan which gives more data, and is cheaper per month and 6 months less on the contract...and they told me that i am obviously better off going to meteor then. i replied "i'm a customer of yours for over 10 years, and you are basically telling me to leave and to go to a competitor...?" and their answer was..."yes...that's your best bet". nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

It seems then that O2 customer support are really customer focused in telling you that you are truthfully actually better off on another network. Mind you, they have plenty of other customers who bizarrely think there is some sort of loyalty thing going on when you are only one out of a million customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Looks like someone in O2 is confusing Gb with Mb. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭racer1

It may have something to do with the iphone 5 due out soon. o2 will offer customers in contract an upgrade to the new iphone 5 on the new MORE for LESS price plans. People will sign up not looking at the price plans properly i would think. Well i have been advising all my friends to be very careful signing up with o2 dur to there data allowances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Now on 2gb data - so when I upgrade (iphone 5) I presume I will be forced onto the new tarriffs.

Goodbye O2!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

It seems then that O2 customer support are really customer focused in telling you that you are truthfully actually better off on another network. Mind you, they have plenty of other customers who bizarrely think there is some sort of loyalty thing going on when you are only one out of a million customers.

I was told to like it or lump it after a call to customer support about the very low data plans.

So i lumped it and I'm now with Three who offered me a free SGS 2 for €40 a month with a fair usage policy of 15GB per month.

Why they cant see that they are now the most uncompetitive provider in the country i will never know.

I was with them for 12 years before i moved.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Why wait 12 years? I have changed companies year in year out to get the best plan. only way things will come down is if people shop around.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

godtabh wrote: »
    Why wait 12 years? I have changed companies year in year out to get the best plan. only way things will come down is if people shop around.

Family and friends are o2 so before my data went through the roof it didn't matter as most of my calls were free.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

godtabh wrote: »

here's someone who gets it, first time customers are always given better deals than existing ones, move network every 12 months to get the best value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I think O2 rely on customer inertia rather than marketing to be perfectly honest.

I can't remember them ever really being the price-driven market leader.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

About 3 or 4 yrs ago they had decent plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Solair wrote: »
    I think O2 rely on customer inertia rather than marketing to be perfectly honest.

I can't remember them ever really being the price-driven market leader.

Well i cant imagine the younger generation going to them. Pre Pay yes. But i doubt they will go bill pay. The mature market seems to stick with them because their used to the coverage and service they had for years.

Younger generation is driven more by price and offer.

Guess if O2 is not willing offer more for less as competitors are. They will have a rocky road ahead. Same goes for vodafone i think

Personally the 250mb they were giving away with Advance 250 was a joke, 150mb is just LOL

Meteor 200/200/1GB Free Calls and Texts on net from 30-35 per month
    O2 250/250/150mb Free Calls and Texts on net from 40-45 per month
    Vodafone 150/150/500GB Free calls and Texts on net from 45 per month
    Vodafone MyWay 200/200/250mb Free Calls and Texts on net from 48.48 per month
    Three 350 units/15GB Free calls on net from 40 per month
    eMobile 300/300/Free Calls to Landlines/2GB from 39 per month

I think its easy to see who gives better value for approx same money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

The 'older generation' aren't too good with money generally! See : Irish economy!

:D

Advertisement