Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas clubs??

Options
  • 19-09-2011 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if any of the big stores have Christmas 'club' type set-ups? Santa will be bringing an xbox 360 and games this year mainly - am hoping I can put a few bob away in Smyths/Gamestop or any of those type stores????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

You'd be better off putting it in a savings account for several reasons:

1) you'd get some interest (depending on the type of account you set up)
    2) there's no danger of your money being lost of the store goes under
    3) you'll be able to shop around at Christmas and get the best price and not be tied to whichever store you have your credit in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Do you really think there's a chance of those bigger shops going under before Xmas???

The problem if I put the money in the bank is that there will ALWAYS be a bill that will appear and I'll need to take it out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Well yeah the odds of that happening are very slim I have to say (and even if they were in trouble they'd likely hang on for the Christmas shopping).

Still, you'd likely save a few bob if you were able to purchase online coming up to Christmas.

What about opening a savings account with Rabo or something and just putting the money in there? Its awkward enough to take out so not like it'll just disappear without you noticing.

If you're hell bent on lodging the money with a shop then you could always just buy gift vouchers from the shop each week/month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LoopieLou

www.christmas2u.ie
    I went with these guys this year instead of Park as they are Irish and they are great. Even got my €25 voucher for next year already. Check them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

That's not a Christmas Club though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement