Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missed my first lecture

Options
  • 19-09-2011 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

So I was in at nine on the dot for a music lecture I wasn't even supposed to go to; it was only for BA music students, and I'm doing the BMus. At the very end of the talk, myself and the few other "BMusers" found out that we weren't even supposerd to be in that lecture. So I headed off to the train station (feeling utterly dejected, I might add) annoyed with myself for denying myself an extra coveted four and a half hours sleep. I just checked my timetable now online (it's just gone three pm) and apparently I had an english lecture at twelve!!! I thought I had no english lectures until tomorrow, since on moodle it said one of my modules doesn't start until then. It was late and I probably didn't read it properly or something, but I thought that was referring to ALL english lectures.

So how badly have I fúcked up here? I've missed my first (EVER) lecture, the lecturer probably told us where our lectures in that module will be from today on, and I'll probably be seen as "that guy who doesn't show up half the time"! My first day and I'm already behind, is there any way to remedy this?? :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,219 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Fbjm wrote: »
    So I was in at nine on the dot for a music lecture I wasn't even supposed to go to; it was only for BA music students, and I'm doing the BMus. At the very end of the talk, myself and the few other "BMusers" found out that we weren't even supposerd to be in that lecture. So I headed off to the train station (feeling utterly dejected, I might add) annoyed with myself for denying myself an extra coveted four and a half hours sleep. I just checked my timetable now online (it's just gone three pm) and apparently I had an english lecture at twelve!!! I thought I had no english lectures until tomorrow, since on moodle it said one of my modules doesn't start until then. It was late and I probably didn't read it properly or something, but I thought that was referring to ALL english lectures.

So how badly have I fúcked up here? I've missed my first (EVER) lecture, the lecturer probably told us where our lectures in that module will be from today on, and I'll probably be seen as "that guy who doesn't show up half the time"! My first day and I'm already behind, is there any way to remedy this?? :(

It happens (to lecturers as well!). If you are worried about missing info email the lecturer and explain you miss read the timetable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I think you get de-registered and donkey kicked by the NUIM "El Burro".

Nah, I'm kidding ;) It's no big deal, contact someone you know doing first English, ask them for details you missed. If you don't know anyone contact the English department, explain you made a mistake and they'll let you know. Then in the next class just ask someone would they mind telling you what you missed. If you can't find someone who will approach the lecturer after class and ask them. They won't be angry, English has huge numbers of students, they're not gonna know you at all to give out to you :D Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

Right, ok, thanks. How do I contact the english department, is there an email address? If so, what is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

NUIM website-->faculties and departments--->English. Can't do it all for you now ;)

haha, k thanks very much :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Fbjm wrote: »

There's about 450 first year english students, (don't want to sound mean!!) but they won't even know you weren't there!

Follow the advice of the ever-so-wise LeixlipRed and you'll be graaaand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Were you "BMused"?

I'll leave now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

DB21 wrote: »
    Were you "BMused"?

I'll leave now
    lololololololololololol

And don't be worrying Fbjm, everything you need to know will be on moodle anyway! Just go to the one tomorrow, and if you're confused send an email to the department or ask someone in your class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Most of the info (office hours etc) is covered at the start of the first few lectures I think, so they might put them up again!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Sorry man, miss one and you're out.

• Advertisement

DB21 wrote: »
    Were you "BMused"?

I'll leave now

hahaha... haha... ha.

Advertisement