Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for hotel for Dublin City Marathon with pool/jacuzzi/spa city center

Options
  • 19-09-2011 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭

The night before and the night of the race.
    I would love to go the Maldron cardiff lane but out priced now!
    Anyone recommend a decent hotel not too far(within 1-2 miles) from the finish area Merrion square.
    any advice appreciated!!!
    thanks on advance
    john

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Regency Hotel just past Drumcondra is not a bad spot. Decent leisure centre with what you were looking for plus good sized bedrooms.

They are always doing deals.

A bit out of town but on the DART line would be the Killiney Castle, a bit more of an upmarket feel and more expensive.

(I am not affiliated with these hotels in any way)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

you can have a single room in regency through booking.com for peanuts at the moment everywhere else is twice the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Reesy

Suggest you check Tripadvisor.ie ... always works for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

dfbemt wrote: »
    Regency Hotel just past Drumcondra is not a bad spot. Decent leisure centre with what you were looking for plus good sized bedrooms.

They are always doing deals.

A bit out of town but on the DART line would be the Killiney Castle, a bit more of an upmarket feel and more expensive.

(I am not affiliated with these hotels in any way)

I suspect this poster is telling the truth and is not affiliated, certainly with the killiney castle anyway, as its about 2km uphill from dalkey dart, and over 3km uphill from killiney dart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pateagle

Maldron quoted €175 for just the room today excessive. I booked the Burlington hotel at €99, very close to start line.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 suseoh

Just wondering how far the Clarion isfc is from the start(how long will it take me to get there} and what time should I be at the start??
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭mark_jmc

staying in the maldron tallaght- I know its a bit out but I can get the luas into the city. B&b for both of us, total price €50. They also have sauna, pool etc, also letting us use leisure facilities after the marathon before we head to limerick.

not affiliated with the hotel but did stay there for 6 months while working on contract in Dublin so I know its a nice hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Dublin Mark

You have Portmarnock and Grand Malahide near the Dart to get into the city...I can only think of D4 that has a pool in the city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement