Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

County Club championships 2011

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭howiya

I think their club Kanturk are intermediate as they are more demographically a football area.

Ah I see. Bit like Mick Fitzsimons in Dublin who has played for UCD and his own club in the same year in Dublin Championships because his club aren't senior

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

howiya wrote: »
    How does that work? Would the Cork lads not have played for their clubs in the competition already making them ineligible?

No, the C.I.T. lads play for intermediate or down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Deise 2012

Tallow are into the County Final for the first time since 1985 in Waterford after they beat Ballyduff Upper in the first semi final yesterday. Final score 0-13 to 0-10. De La Salle play Ballgunner today in the second semi final.

Next weekend in Football it's The Nire V Stradbally in one semi final and Kilrossanty V Ballinacouirty in the second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Deise 2012

Orizio wrote: »
    No, the C.I.T. lads play for intermediate or down.

Is it Carraigtwohill that will play in the Munster Club Championship this year regardless of the result today, or will CIT be allowed play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Deise 2012 wrote: »
    Is it Carraigtwohill that will play in the Munster Club Championship this year regardless of the result today, or will CIT be allowed play.

Both are eligible to play.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,336 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Orizio wrote: »
    Both are eligible to play.

True, but I cannot see anything other than a CIT win - weather will spoil it a fair bit though, under foot conditions will be crap.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,336 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    True, but I cannot see anything other than a CIT win - weather will spoil it a fair bit though, under foot conditions will be crap.

Just to prove me wrong - Carrig turned in a brilliant performance of pressure and passion to beat CIT in a tightly fought Cork final by 0-15 V 1-11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Wexford SFC final will be Castletown vs. Horeswood

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Meath SFC Final between Dunshaughlin and Summerhill finished in a draw, 10 points apiece.
    Now the winners will have less of a wait until their Leinster game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Anyone know who won the Wicklow senior hurling final between Carnew and Glenealy please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭howiya

dartbhoy wrote: »
    Anyone know who won the Wicklow senior hurling final between Carnew and Glenealy please?

Glenealy 3-9 Carnew 3-6

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

cavan final pure crap gaels 4.11 castlerahan 0.7

For one second I thought the name of the club was 'pure crap gaels'.

For one second I thought the name of the club was 'pure crap gaels'.

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Just to prove me wrong - Carrig turned in a brilliant performance of pressure and passion to beat CIT in a tightly fought Cork final by 0-15 V 1-11

Will Niall McCarthy now be Cork's captain for next year?

• Advertisement

The Galway SHC is still motoring along, despite the fact that the Seniors have been out of competitive action since the end of July. :rolleyes:

The preliminary quarter finals were played over the weekend. Here are the results:

Liam Mellows 2-08 v Mullagh 1-19
    TAD 0-11 v St Thomas' 2-09
    Sarsfields 0-16 v Craughwell 1-16
    Loughrea 1-13 v Tommy Larkins 0-14

The 1/4 final draw was also made on Sunday:
    Portumna vs St. Thomas'
    Loughrea vs Gort
    Carnmore vs Craughwell
    Clarinbridge vs Mullagh

Also Corofin are into another county Senior Football final. They beat Milltown while Mountbellew/Moylough and Tuam Stars drew and will have to replay their 1/4 final to see who will meet Salthill/Knocknacarra in the other semi-final.

Clonoulty v Drom/Inch on October 16th to decide who are the Premier team in the Premier county for 2011.

Sars were dethroned by a spirited Clonoulty today and Drom beat Mullinahone without any real pressure. Interesting final ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Results from Kerry County Championship

Quarter Final
    East Kerry 2-7
    Dingle 1-8

Relegation play off
    Ardfert 0-9
    Gneeveguilla 1-9

And the Senior club semi finals were played also this weekend.

Dr Crokes 0-15
    Rathmore 3-9

Laune Rangers 0-16
    Keirns O Rahillys 1-12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

Results from Kerry County Championship

Quarter Final
    East Kerry 2-7
    Dingle 1-8

Relegation play off
    Ardfert 0-9
    Gneeveguilla 1-9

And the Senior club semi finals were played also this weekend.

Dr Crokes 0-15
    Rathmore 3-9

Laune Rangers 0-16
    Keirns O Rahillys 1-12

Genuine question, are the big guns on the Kerry team not playing well for their club?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

blackbelt wrote: »
    Genuine question, are the big guns on the Kerry team not playing well for their club?

Can only speak for KOR. David Moran is injured obv, Micheál Quirke playing fantastically as he always does at club level, Barry John Walsh is out for the rest of the season, Barry John Keane and Tommy Walsh were lacklustre, despite playing fairly well against An Ghaeltacht the week before in the County League.

KOR, Crokes and Rathmore are all playing County Championship QFs this weekend coming, so it's possible that some of the teams were less interested in the club games than usual.

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    Can only speak for KOR. David Moran is injured obv, Micheál Quirke playing fantastically as he always does at club level, Barry John Walsh is out for the rest of the season, Barry John Keane and Tommy Walsh were lacklustre, despite playing fairly well against An Ghaeltacht the week before in the County League.

KOR, Crokes and Rathmore are all playing County Championship QFs this weekend coming, so it's possible that some of the teams were less interested in the club games than usual.

I read today that Crokes lined out without Gooch,probably minding him for the big game next weekend against Austin Stacks in the County Championship,still thought they would be too strong for Rathmore,good win for Rathmore ahead of their game against Mid Kerry next weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

Can somebody please explain the Kerry County Championship format?I know regions play in it but the champions don't seem to be the representative club for Kerry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

blackbelt wrote: »
    Can somebody please explain the Kerry County Championship format?I know regions play in it but the champions don't seem to be the representative club for Kerry.

There are two competitions, the Club Championship & the County Championship.

The Club Championship is a knockout competition played between individual clubs only, while the County Championship is participated in by standalone clubs as well as amalgamations of clubs based on the divisional Championships within the county (i.e. East Kerry Championship, South Kerry Championship etc.).

Certain clubs who feel equipped to compete successfully on their own in the County Championship will at times leave their Divisional side and enter the County Championship separately, an example of which is Dingle going out on their own instead of playing with West Kerry this year.

Participation in the AI Club competition is dependant on how clubs do in the County Championship, in that an individual club winning the County Championship will obv represent Kerry, while a Divisional team winning will be rightly disallowed. In the case of a Divisional side winning the County Championship, Kerry's representative will usually be the winner of the Club Championship, or a losing club finalist of the County Championship depending on the dates.

The County Championship is orders of magnitude more prestigious than the Club Championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭toxicity234

Birr 2-9 St Rynaghs 1-5
    Coolderry 3-14 Kilcormac/Killoughey 1-9

Bad Weather and bad Games.
    of the 4 teams i can't think of one forward that had a good game.
    but should be noted at St Rynaghs had i thinks 7 or 8 players in there first semi-final and are a very young light team. but the birr backs were very good.
    as for the second match, K/K didn't turn up on the day and Coolderry sent some bad wides.

Also note that hurling in offaly is hoping to be back in it home ground of Birr next year for the Semi and final.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Kilkenny results this past weekend

Quarter Final Replay :-

Ballyhale 2-18 Carrickshock 1-17

Quarter Final:

O'Loughlin Gaels 2-11 Dicksboro 1-10

Was at this one, truly one of the worst games i've seen in many a year, mainly due to the terrible conditions. Dicksboro looked the better team for a long time particularly the start of the second half. Then OLG scored a goal direct from a 65 and Dickboro kind fell apart at that point, with OLG going on to a convincing win, the Dickboro goal was a consolation right at the end.

Upcoming games:

Relegation Final

Clara v Tullaroan

Semi Finals:

James Stephens v St. Martins
    Ballyhale v O'Loughlin Gaels

Looks like a James Stephens/Ballyhale final, but I suppose you never know what might happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Clonoulty v Drom/Inch on October 16th to decide who are the Premier team in the Premier county for 2011.

Sars were dethroned by a spirited Clonoulty today and Drom beat Mullinahone without any real pressure. Interesting final ahead.

May have to head to this. Father is a Drom man, his brother-in-law is Clonoulty. Will be a fun day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Carlow senior football semi final replay was on Saturday, and last years champions Old Leighlin beat Eire Og 2-7 to 1-6. Good game, Eire Og went 1-2 to 0-1 up, but a well taken goal on ht brought OL back to a pt behind. Scored a second early in 2nd half, and were from then on by far the better team. Eire Og only managed 2 pts in 2nd half.

Sets up a final against Tinryland who are in their 1st final in 20 years.

Yesterday we had the Senior Hurling final, a poor enough game really. Naomh Eoin & Mount Leinster Rangers drew 0-10 to 1-7. It was a hard hitting game with good defensive work. Conditions were brutal for hurling, but yet again the lack of scoring forwards in Carlow was very obvious.
    Replay next Sunday so hopefully we get a better day & much better game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JFlah

Reigning champs Dr.Crokes beat Austin Stacks 1 14 to 1 13 , bit of controversy Stacks were 7 points down with 18 minutes left brought it back to level Crokes got 1 in front back to level Crokes 1 in front and game is blown up about 30 seconds over time despite a number of stoppages in the 2nd half including 1 for an injury to the Crokes goal keeper that took at least 3 minutes, also the goalie was off the field and i felt the game should have continued.

In the second Tipp sfc 1/4 final today the combo team from north tipp, Thomas Mcdonaghs beat JK Brackens by 4 points. Granted its a combo team but its an achievement for any north tipp team to be involved at this stage of the competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

St Bridgets beat Elphin by 5 to retain their Roscommom snr title

• Advertisement

JFlah wrote: »
    Reigning champs Dr.Crokes beat Austin Stacks 1 14 to 1 13 , bit of controversy Stacks were 7 points down with 18 minutes left brought it back to level Crokes got 1 in front back to level Crokes 1 in front and game is blown up about 30 seconds over time despite a number of stoppages in the 2nd half including 1 for an injury to the Crokes goal keeper that took at least 3 minutes, also the goalie was off the field and i felt the game should have continued.

Semi finals on next Saturday at Fitzgerald Stadium

East Kerry v Mid Kerry @ 2.30
    West Kerry v Dr Crokes @ 4pm

Semi finals on next Saturday at Fitzgerald Stadium

East Kerry v Mid Kerry @ 2.30
    West Kerry v Dr Crokes @ 4pm
    Crokes Mid Kerry final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭ifah

Portumna Knocked out of Galway SHC

Portumna 0-12 vs 1-10 St Thomas

Other quarter finals :

Gort 2-10 vs 1-8 Loughrea
    Clarinbridge 1-11 vs 0-14 Mullagh
    An Carnmore 0-11 vs 0-19 Craughwell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Oulart beat Rathnure by 2 points to win the Wexford SHC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

JFlah wrote: »
    Crokes Mid Kerry final

who is in the club decider in the event that one of the divisional teams wins it?

i think Rathmore is there..

regardless, if a club team reaches the final against a divisional team, they should automatically be put forward to the munster championship, as they are the best club team in the county and crokes should now, already be deemed to be kerrys representitives.

Kildalkey won their third Meath Senior hurling championship in a row by beating Navan O'Mahony's 3-11 to 10 points in the final. Though to be fair, their real final was in the semi final where they beat Kilmessan after extra time.

The replay of the football final is on Sunday.

who is in the club decider in the event that one of the divisional teams wins it?

regardless, if a club team reaches the final against a divisional team, they should automatically be put forward to the munster championship, as they are the best club team in the county and crokes should now, already be deemed to be kerrys representitives.

Rathmore and Laune Rangers in the club final

I agree with you , Club Championship Final is Rathmore v,s Laune Rangers
    next weekend i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭patmac

Padraig Pearses won the Roscommon Intermediate championship, man of the match was Niall Daly who having starred for our u21's on Friday night headed back to Cork and played centre back on the winning UCC team in yesterday's final!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

patmac wrote: »
    Sept 25th Senior Hurling Championship Semi-Finals:
    Four Roads vs Padraig Pearses (Four Roads red hot favourites to win championship)
    Oran vs Athleague (Athleague Favourites)

Four Roads defeated Athleague in the final, 1-14 to 0-6. Athleague were prob the favs going after an fairly easy victory over oran. Four Roads were very lucky and needed a replay to beat Padraig Pearses, a shane curley free in injury time earned them the replay. The score was Four Roads 0-5 Athleague 0-3 at half time, but Four Roads prove too much in the second half. This is 4 in a row for Four Roads, and they look stronger than ever, the average age of the team yesterday in the final was just 22.

Summerhill won the Meath SFC after beating Dunshaughlin by 14 points to 1-9 after extra time in the replay of their drawn game two weeks ago.The teams were tied 10 points to 1-7 at the end of normal time.
    Dunshaughlin can count themselves unlucky not to have won it as they were two points up going into injury time and possibly should have had a free straight in front of the posts when they were a point up. Also the free that drew Summerhill level was very soft.
    In extra time, Summerhill scored 4 points in the first half and held Dunshaughlin scoreless and that was enough for them to pull through.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Drom & Inch beat Clonoulty by 2 points in the Tipperary SHC final yesterday.

Dr Crokes and Mid Kerry are in the Kerry County final,semi finals were played on Saturday.Kerry legend Seamus Moynihan came on for East Kerry and was outstanding by all accounts.

Dr Crokes 0-13 vs 1-9 West Kerry
    Mid Kerry 1-12 vs 1-7 East Kerry

The Hurling final was played as well yesterday,Ballyduff beat Crotta o Neills by 2 points,new Antrim boss Jerry Wallis trains Ballyduff

Ballyduff 2-11 vs 0-15 Crotta O Neills

Ballyduff now play Courcey Rovers of Cork in the Munster Intermediate who are trained by Kerry hurling boss John Meyler

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

looked throught the thread from the start and didnt see it posted, the longford senior football championship winners for the 2nd year in a row were longford slashers, who were contesting their 4th senior football final in 6 years. this final was played about a month ago. clonguish were the team beaten in the final, who the barden brothers play for, paul and david.

g'wan the townies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Old Leighlin won the Carlow SFC for 2nd year in a row yesterday. Beat Tinryland who were in their 1st final since 1992, and haven't won one since 1981.

Tinryland got off to a great start 2 pts in 2 mins...but then OL took over and dominated rest of half, led by 1-4 to 0-3 at ht. Tinryland had great start to 2nd half and levelled it up 1-4 to 7. But OL kicked up a gear and went 1-8 to 7 ahead and had complete control.
    Till a disaster of a free kick in the backs went straight to a Tinryland man, who put together a fantastic quick passing move to leave the full fwd Evan Doyle with an empty net to tap into.
    In injury time Tinryland burst through the middle, and everyone was waiting for the handy free by the ref to get another big crowd back next week, but OL didn't foul and cleanly won the ball back. Whistle went then a few seconds later.

Not the best quality game, but very exciting. Old Leighlin are a strange team, have great defenders, really hard to get scores against, have 1 great midfielder and 1 average one. Seriously lack quality forwards, have only 1 really.
    But always seem to win close low scoring games. Defensive system is excellent and in Joe Murphy a former Eire Og and Carlow player have a very talented manager. He's a certainty to be the next Carlow boss after Luke Dempsey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

was at the kerry final yesterday, Shane Nolan is some hurler. scored some of the best points ive ever seen. only 20 years old and under 21 again next year.

potentially the best talent ever in kerry. anybody else there? crotta threw it away, had 6 chances to extend their 6 point lead at the start of the 2nd half, including one guilt edge goal chance and blew it.

was at the kerry final yesterday, Shane Nolan is some hurler. scored some of the best points ive ever seen. only 20 years old and under 21 again next year.

potentially the best talent ever in kerry. anybody else there? crotta threw it away, had 6 chances to extend their 6 point lead at the start of the 2nd half, including one guilt edge goal chance and blew it.

Ya went to the final yesterday,hurling county final day in Kerry is a great day out,the football county final doesnt come near it for atmosphere and colour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Didn't see a mention of the Limerick hurling final.

Na Piarsaigh beat Ahane fairly well with Shane Dowling scoring a pretty incredible 1-10. He's an exceptional talent and they have some other very good players too and I think they'll have give the Munster title a good shot anyway. Kevin Downes scored 1-1 that day too.

And Monaleen won the football final yesterday against Newcastlewest in what was apparently an awful game.

AI champions Clarinbridge beat Mullagh in the SHC 1/4 final replay:

Clarinbridge 2-14 Mullagh 0-10

Also Salthill/Knocknacarra and Tuam Stars drew in the SFC:

Salthill/Knocknacarra 1-05 Tuam Stars 0-08

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Didn't see a mention of the Limerick hurling final.

Na Piarsaigh beat Ahane fairly well with Shane Dowling scoring a pretty incredible 1-10. He's an exceptional talent and they have some other very good players too and I think they'll have give the Munster title a good shot anyway. Kevin Downes scored 1-1 that day too.

And Monaleen won the football final yesterday against Newcastlewest in what was apparently an awful game.

I watched that final on Tg4,great win for Na Piarsaigh,Shane Dowling was on fire that day,I dont think he missed any free,I think Na Piarsaigh had 4 or 5 of the Limerick under 21 team that won the Munster Final,should give the Munster club a right rattle now,Limerick hurling is on the way back which is great to see

• Advertisement
Advertisement