Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

tractor will not run right

• 19-09-2011 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

ford 4000..there was alot of water in the diesel..drain and cleaned the tank destroyed the pump put in a new pump and she ran for about half an hour and lost all power and died.when towed there was a lot of black smoke..whats wrong?could there be something wrong with the injectors?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Fuel filters??
    Presume you changed them too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

black smoke could be injectors, or pump or valves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭colrow

I had this with my new second hand tractor, it was fine for a few weeks, then a neighbour borrowed it, he drives kinda fast, and he must have been bouncing around in the fields, when i got it back it was hard to start, and just went downhill from there on.

The filters were sopping wet and choked up with sh1te, drained the tank and got all the crap out, changed both filters and cleaned out the pump it was ok again.

The bouncing around mixed the water and crap up.

Its fine now

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Swinefluproof

Had a 4000 before that was well down on power and it was the small filter in the fuel pump but since you have the pump changed it possibly isn't that, worth looking at though. Also I think there is a small filter on the bottom of the fuel tank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

have a ford 3600 and the small filter in the fuel tank was a pain in the Ar*e, in that it blocked up very easy, so i cut the top off it and rely on tha main filter to do any cleaning. I put one of those flappy caps over the exhaust to stop water getting in that way. might be oil getting in somewhere or air filter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 knownothing

try cleaning lift pump .sometime overlooked:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

ford 4000..there was alot of water in the diesel..drain and cleaned the tank destroyed the pump put in a new pump and she ran for about half an hour and lost all power and died.when towed there was a lot of black smoke..whats wrong?could there be something wrong with the injectors?

Is this you as well
    ?http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74328429

seems to me the answer is pretty feckin obvious, who do you buy your diesel off?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joe the Plumber

Black smoke indicates either air intake problem or diesel problem.

The three injectors are unlikely to pack up at the same time and they rarley give trouble, they might need servicing but are not your problem.

Sounds like your fuel system, Its hard to bleed those 4000's I find if you take off the fuel cap and very slightly pressurise the fuel tank with an air line it will push the fuel all the through to the pump.

Then loosen one injector until she fires up.

Also check for any loose nuts on the filter head.

Advertisement