Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mod help please

Options
  • 19-09-2011 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

Hi, Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I couldn't find the answer in stickies or the right place to post. Anyway, I'm wondering how to set up my account to bring me straight to last post read when coming back to a thread. For example on my phone if i acces a thread that I've previously read, it'll bring me back to where i left off whereas on the laptop I have to go to last page and work backwords or if I select heading it goes straight to page 1. Not a major issue but a pain in the arse nonetheless. Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Just before the start of every thread you've viewed there's a blue box with a white tick in it(on default). Clicking this box will bring you to the last post you read.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

lucyfur09 wrote: »
    Just before the start of every thread you've viewed there's a blue box with a white tick in it(on default). Clicking this box will bring you to the last post you read.
    Thanks for that lucyfur09. That's a new one on me!

@dr ro - The little blue box lucyfur09 refers to looks like this lastpost.gif

You learn something new every day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

No problem shield, i was actually in the process of taking a screenie and uploading it to photobucket to point out what i meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Doesn't that icon bring you to the newest post on the thread, not to the last one you read?

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

thats great thanks a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Malice wrote: »
    Doesn't that icon bring you to the newest post on the thread, not to the last one you read?
    Yes it does, I think the icon needed is the one at the start of the thread title with the down arrow on it. It's labelled "Got to first new post".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Malice wrote: »

The one to the right of the username of the last poster does.

There's another arrow (facing down rather than right) to the left of the thread title which lets you jump to the first new post.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement