Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing Kitchen Sink Mixer Set.

Options
  • 19-09-2011 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

I have a broken /used kitchen mixer which needs replacing. I'm going to use two flexible hoses with a shutoff screw on each to close out the supply for future needs.

(1) What are plumbers using these days to mate the flexi pipe onto the butt of the mixer - PTFE Tape, Boss White with Hemp or this new compound stuff?

(2) Do I need to put anything extra on between the base of the mixer and the top of the worktop (other than the black washer that comes with the mixer)? I read somewhere that some plumbers use plumbers putty?

Thanks - Gerry.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Rob_talisman

im far from being an expert but ive fitted a fair few.

normally the flexi hose that screws into the mixer has a small rubber o ring on the end so self seals nicely without using anything else.

re between the work top and and the mixer washer. i always run a small amount of clear silicone. helps it grab and seal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭DoneDL

+1, do up by hand slight pinch with grips.

Advertisement