Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fan gives about x2 pressure with more CFM but 3x power

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

euser1984 wrote: »
    However the second fan uses 19w and the first one 6w. Anything I can do or is just the way the fans are?

If you want a higher output then you should expect to need a higher input.
    The relationship between input and output is not necessarily linear i.e. double the input does not always mean that the output will be doubled.

It may be possible to reduce the input current with PWM and therefore the power consumed. However the consequence is reduced flow.

Also, do you think it would make much difference if I changed the filter ppi from 45 to 30?

That would depend on the application.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭euser1984

2011 wrote: »
    That would depend on the application.

It's for computer intake fans (for servers) in a room that has dust. Just about to place an order here, if I the 30ppi ones did that trick it may mean I can use the original fan?

Advertisement