Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you ever got the score in Coppers?

• 19-09-2011 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭

Never been there myself.

Is it really a "cattle mart"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Never been meself. i would like to go see what the hub bub is though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

lynchy101 wrote: »
    Never been there myself.

Is it really a "cattle mart"

Yes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Never been...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

it would be more informative to ask how many could not "get the score at Coppers"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Was brought on there on my only night out in Dublin. "Cattle mart" is right. Not to say I didn't enjoy myself though, only found out there were more than 2 floors a few days later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

What is the age group of this place???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

4leto wrote: »
    What is the age group of this place???

How long is a piece of string?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

Not to say I didn't enjoy myself though, only found out there were more than 2 floors a few days later.

There are floors?? All I could see while wearing the face off some disgusting muntgoblin was the wall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Risky is right.

You could have a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp, the personality of a stuck up diva/supermodel type (male or female) and the body of an abortive mix between an elephant and hippopotamus, and STILL get the score in there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

yep, coppers is a shit hole but if you want to get drunk and chase the oppisite sex coppers is your place.
    that may be their slogan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Never been and never plan on being.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

Probably the most profitable bar/nightclub in Dublin.

They charge extortionate prices for drink and still pack the place out 7 days a week. It's a dream business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Have you ever 'got the score in Coppers'?

Is it not: Have you ever scored in Coppers?

Lol and no, I would not go to a place like Coppers.... Better places to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

I was there once. And only once. Hell.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Aaa... we're on about some place in thee city are we?
    Dublin forum thata way ---->

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

I was the once, was in Krystle which I hated so decided to try Coppers which I hated.
    Probably would have loved it a few years back but now I like my comfort
    Oh yeah, I didn't score

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Typh

It’s not as much a place of the damned that people make it out to be. I mean, in a way it’s terrible, and it’s not exactly a place for soul-mates... but as the OP's question- there’s a finite number of mouths in Coppers, so what with the process of elimination and all, someone will eventually get to you. Even if it is some ten-eyed monster that’ll lick your cheek for the guts of an hour mouthing the words between kisses 'Oh my god- I never do this- don't think I'm a slut- We'll have to do it in the alley as the kids are in the car outside,'

Great place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭funloving

Never been but I will defo pop in once..I am so curious to see if it's true what they say :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

gatecrash wrote: »
    Risky is right.

You could have a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp, the personality of a stuck up diva/supermodel type (male or female) and the body of an abortive mix between an elephant and hippopotamus, and STILL get the score in there

Challenge accepted >_>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

They charge extortionate prices for drink and still pack the place out 7 days a week.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

its probably the cheapest nightclub in dublin to drink in.....what you on about?

for what its worth, coppers is absolutely class and has 1000+ people in there every night of the week. its the only club in dublin thats not full of yuppies/scumbags etc etc, just mostly decent people who just wanna get drunk and have a good time.

if you want posh people, fashion, fancy cocktails, leather couches and flashy lights with d4 djs, then its not the place for you, otherwise it is.

best nightclub in dublin by a mile. sat night is the only night i wouldnt recommend going there, its generally rammed packed until about 2.30 and gets a bit quiet after that. generally is great to head in after other night clubs close at 2.30 as its open until 4...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Was brought on there on my only night out in Dublin. "Cattle mart" is right. Not to say I didn't enjoy myself though, only found out there were more than 2 floors a few days later.

Jaysus, there's floors in there!? I was in there once. Hammered! I thought the place was tiny! Must go back when I've the ability of sight!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Took me a while to get what you were on about. Sorry I don't live in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

its probably the cheapest nightclub in dublin to drink in.....what you on about?

for what its worth, coppers is absolutely class and has 1000+ people in there every night of the week. its the only club in dublin thats not full of yuppies/scumbags etc etc, just mostly decent people who just wanna get drunk and have a good time.

if you want posh people, fashion, fancy cocktails, leather couches and flashy lights with d4 djs, then its not the place for you, otherwise it is.

best nightclub in dublin by a mile. sat night is the only night i wouldnt recommend going there, its generally rammed packed until about 2.30 and gets a bit quiet after that. generally is great to head in after other night clubs close at 2.30 as its open until 4...

Eh, no. It's a load of red-faced cops and fat nurses from Leitrim lurching around to crap tunes looking for the "shcore". Worst gaff ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭supersparkz

FTA69 wrote: »

Eh, no. It's a load of red-faced cops and fat nurses from Leitrim lurching around to crap tunes looking for the "shcore". Worst gaff ever.
    I see someone didn't score in there!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

...there are more than two floors?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

I see someone didn't score in there!!!!

It's like Puck Fair superimposed into one nightclub in Dublin.

*no, no score...*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

This has to be a wind up? Yeh i used to drink in there a good bit but got sick of the place, and yeh i do like a drink. But best club in Dublin? Cheap? Ordinary decent people? I always found there was more arseholes in coppers than in most places, it also not a place to go into in any form of sobriety because everyones to drunk and you cant move in the place i went into it sober once for the sake of a friend who was meeting up with a girl there, worst idea ever people knocking my drinks over and grunting at each other felt like i was in the zoo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭plys

muntgoblin
    ahahahahahahahahahahaha fantastic!! :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Went once, never again. The single worst place I've ever been in my life. I still have nightmares about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭supersparkz

Well its the only nightclub I ever fell asleep in that I was not thrown of of:-) :-)

Very liberal. A bit like the ladies who frequent there.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭McBauer

Biggins wrote: »
    Aaa... we're on about some place in thee city are we?
    Dublin forum thata way ---->

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056394244

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

McBauer wrote: »

No, that's another AH thread. Keep going, you'll find the Dublin forum eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Aldebaran wrote: »
    No, that's another AH thread. Keep going, you'll find the Dublin forum eventually.

Ah but coppers thread could pass a After Hours thread especially since its frequented mostly by country folk either living in Dublin or up visiting, along with the Dubs who go there. So the majority of people will know of coppers.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭jdooley28

No I didn,t score, played well though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,787 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Aldebaran wrote: »
    Went once, never again. The single worst place I've ever been in my life. I still have nightmares about it.
    Man the fcuk up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Ive been there a few times and havnt scored but im not the type of person to actively search for somebody to chew the face off. One time i went there and watched boxing all night. I dont think the place is designed for me but i do enjoy a good perve. I prefer the mid week nights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

if only the walls of the place could talk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

if only the walls of the place could talk

"the dirt wont come off!!!"

"what is seen cannot be unseen"

"my silence will cost you"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

coppers is the only place to end up after a big gaa match ;) and even then i guarantee no matter how packed that little room in the corner will be empty or have only one or two people in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

Is it open tonight, ????
    I missed the Dublin celebrations last night, so i may head into town tonight, I might end up here if its open

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

coppers is absolutely class and has 1000+ people in there every night of the week.

Sounds....great. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I've never got the extreme like or dislike of Coppers. It's like any other busy nightclub really. There's a lot of snobbishness and reverse snobbishness in action in any discussion of Coppers. This sort of shíte is a good example:
    FTA69 wrote: »

There are obviously large amounts of people from Dublin in there. It is one of the biggest nightclubs for the student population in Dublin.

I don't really like nightclubs, but I'd much rather go there than Diceys or Krystle. Although at the end of the day, it all depends on where your friends want to go and I'm getting to the age where I'm past the age group Coppers is for. But If I were an undergrad again, sure I'd go there every so often.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

I like Coppers. Have only been there half a dozen times but it was good craic every time- and I was driving one night I was there so whilst it's not as enjoyable sober, it was still grand. Most nightclubs are hard work when sober anyway.

Around that neck of the woods, I'd rather go to Coppers than Krystle or even D2. Yeah it can be a bit nuts (and I cut my finger on glass there once), but it is what it is and it's not the worst. It's not pretentious and most people will chat away to you there.

Actually haven't even been there whilst single but I still would have had my choice of a few lads who were willing to lob the gob. And believe me, I'm not the type that normally happens to- so yeah, Coppers is a good place to go to meet someone... just probably not someone you'll end up with for longer than that night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

Yes, I have scored there. It was fun for both of us and neither of us were left complaining. The drink was cold, the music loud and danceable and there is a lack of pretension about the place.

Would I become a regular? No. Do I like heading back once in a blue moon for what I know will be a good night out if I make it work for myself? Fúck yeh.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

been going there for years... weekly, no doubt a string of fatherless kids wandering bout the country... and I accredit it all to Copper Face Jacks, birth place if the '10 to 2, you'll do' and ' 10 to 4, your some whore' catch phrases.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

I spent my UCD days in Copper's, spent countless weekends there since and the amount of crap that gets talked about the place is unbelievable. Yes, people are drunk, yes the music is loud and obnoxious and yes people end up scoring during and after the course of the night.

But so what!? It's the weekend and it's a nightclub -people don't go out to spend their evening knitting in a corner. If you want quiet conversation, go to some pub founded in 1916 or stay at home.

The reason my friends and I still go to Copper's is partly a throwback to our college days but also because the boisterous craic that takes place is all part of the charm. There are far too many places where the too-cool-for-school stand looking aloof into their pints and Coppers is a welcome relief from that kind of pretentiousness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Yes, been there once and got "the score" that one time from a gentleman from Meath, predictably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Its the only nightclub I've ever actually liked. Grrat craic on a Championship Sunday. The amount of sh*t I talked over the years in the smoking area upstairs is phenomenal. Great spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Can't stand the place myself. If they'd only make some rules about keeping some kind of pathway open so you could actually get from room to room without some eejit bumping into you and spilling your drink, it would be great.

But seriously, how can anyone really have fun when it's SO packed? You can't move! It's impossible to get around in there without wrestling half the crowd first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

The one time i went there i got chatted up at the urinal and had a fat girl grind against me not noticing my visible disgust. Also it cost a fortune and and the bouncer was a kyunt, needless to say not going back.:p

• Advertisement
Advertisement