Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you ever got the score in Coppers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Not a bad place in my opinion

I was there after a works do and a chunky little bint with a fat arse and a fairly solid rack took a fancy.

Apparently from Westmeath, but despite the fact I was not too interested she
    persisted and we ended up in her place in the Wintergardens or something there in Pearse.

Mad for the baton she was, didn't need much strumming before she got the slop on and in fairness took everything I could offer in her stride.
    Heavily thatched around the clunger.

Went home with me bell in flitters and in fairness never developed a crust or a bloom,so it was a clean night.

Think she was a garda based in a city centre station, but never saw her again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

Can't stand the place myself. If they'd only make some rules about keeping some kind of pathway open so you could actually get from room to room without some eejit bumping into you and spilling your drink, it would be great.

But seriously, how can anyone really have fun when it's SO packed? You can't move! It's impossible to get around in there without wrestling half the crowd first.

The difference between being drunk and sober is that when you're sober it takes ages to get anywhere and drunk you can stroll around in dense crowds like it's an empty room, so really, Copper's is doing you a favour by letting you know how drunk you are. All part of the service!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

I was there after a works do and a chunky little bint with a fat arse and a fairly solid rack took a fancy.

persisted and we ended up in her place in the Wintergardens or something there in Pearse.

Mad for the baton she was, didn't need much strumming before she got the slop on and in fairness took everything I could offer in her stride.

Went home with me bell in flitters and in fairness never developed a crust or a bloom,so it was a clean night.

:D Legendary language you're using there sir. Kudos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Good spot when you go there underno illusion about how you want your night. Tis a place for drinkin and scorin and nothing fancy.

Was mistaken for a Clare hurler in there before so I gave her some timber

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

Oh and if the bouncers decide you're not coming in, just toddle off to Krystle or something -do not stage a public protest to entertain the entire queue, like the very drunk D4 head who screamed 'Man I could focking BUY YOU!!' at the bouncer while 100 people cringed for him :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Jess16 wrote: »
    Oh and if the bouncers decide you're not coming in, just toddle off to Krystle or something -do not stage a public protest to entertain the entire queue, like the very drunk D4 head who screamed 'Man I could focking BUY YOU!!' at the bouncer while 100 people cringed for him :)

Ya, sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Have been on several occasions and the only issue i'd have with the place is its absolutely jam packed to the titties.

Everyone in the place is there for the craic and don't take anything too seriously which is the main thing.

I find you can have a chat to a girl without her looking at you like you have a head on you like the elephant man and a joke with the lads without one of them looking like he's going to smash a glass off your face.

If the bouncers say no, f*ck off someone else though. Your not getting in. Its never happened to me, but I've seen them question mainly lads the most random of questions at the door and then not letting them in. The only similarities it shares with most other bars and night clubs around the country is that in typical fashion, the bouncers are bell ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭dazey

It's Jay from the inbetweeners!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

Ya, sure.

Um, what?! :confused:
    If you're questioning whether that happened or not, it really makes no difference to me. Lots of people found it hilarious at the time so I thought people here might find it funny too -location situation maybe! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Not a word about the jacks?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Rawhead

Its a great old place, got my helmet shined on numerous occasions. Flannery's followed by Coppers was the Monday ritual. I did have to go in once during the day though, the smell of stale lush was overpowering and I nearly left one of my shoes stuck to the floor it was that sticky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I've been a few times. Always pulled when I was there...but I'm not particularly proud of that statistic since I only end up there when ridiculously plastered and, thus, the quality sometimes doesn't always match the quantity...put it that way. :D

I've also always left early. The place gives me the creeps. It's not normal. I genuinely feel like I've been landed in a swingers orgy, then get a moment of clarity where I realise this is not where I wanna be. A chase is fun sometimes too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

No 'cause I never been to Coppers! Been to Dicey's a nicer late bar and a fairly decent place to go for a drink whether you score or not you have fun there anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Jess16 wrote: »

The reason my friends and I still go to Copper's is partly a throwback to our college days but also because the boisterous craic that takes place is all part of the charm. There are far too many places where the too-cool-for-school stand looking aloof into their pints and Coppers is a welcome relief from that kind of pretentiousness

Yeah I agree somewhat.

The only issue I have is the aggro nature that's brought out of the country boy once they have a few drinks. They can be awful numpties after a few drinks, dying to deck a dubliner :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

they always seem to place MarkMcCabe-Maniac 2000. Great spot, it is what it is, no posing or crap or ponses, always good fun. And yes you can score in there.

A mate had a saying that it was a grand spot for a fat farmers daughter and none too shabby either.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I kissed a Meath footballer and a well known Kerry footballer in Coppers.Not on the same night mind you.

I like Coppers, You always end up meeting at least 100 people you know in there.

panda100 wrote: »
    I kissed a Meath footballer and a well known Kerry footballer in Coppers.Not on the same night mind you.

I like Coppers, You always end up meeting at least 100 people you know in there.

Oh do tell, who was the well known Kerry Footballer there!???:D Can I go with you next time you are there have never been there, might get a few GAA heads there they don't seem to prowl around the pubs near by much...unless Kerry win!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭anndub

They've recently changed the last song from Riverdance to Cotton Eye Joe. Keeping it fresh.

What's not to love?

doovdela wrote: »
    No 'cause I never been to Coppers! Been to Dicey's a nicer late bar and a fairly decent place to go for a drink whether you score or not you have fun there anyway!

The problem with Dicey's is that they let waaaaay too many people in there and the service is terrible due to lack off staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

The problem with Dicey's is that they let waaaaay too many people in there and the service is terrible due to lack off staff.

The only time I have enjoyed Dicey's is when I have been with a group that booked a spot on the balcony. Way, way too crowded and not suited to nightclub-level crowds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Hackysack

I remember one time ages ago I actually went into coppers for food during lunchtime and had terrifying flashbacks to the countless nights i've spent in there.

That said, I do enjoy it. When you're with a big enough group, it's great craic. Although you do need to be pretty smashed when you're in there though.

A price of a drink is fairly reasonable though!

No it's not! It's roughly 5.40 a pint, vodka redbull is 8.20! It's also a tenner in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

discus wrote: »
    No it's not! It's roughly 5.40 a pint, vodka redbull is 8.20! It's also a tenner in.

Not Copper's, she meant Dicey's.

Not worth the mega queues though!

€8.20 is reasonable any where else you pay nearly 9 or 10 euro for a vodka and redbull in dublin or any other county for that matter! The lowest I spent on it been around 7euro and that's down the country unless its poor quality or very strong vodka depends where you go.

The last time I were there I thought the drinks were good, usually 2 or 3 euro's promotion on some drinks like bacardi breezer and west coast cooler. Paid only around that much €3.

Not worth the mega queues though!

Not unless you stay in the hotel though....queues be long otherwise.

Not unless you stay in the hotel though....queues be long otherwise.

Eh...what? I'm talking about the queues at the bar for a drink. They may be cheap when they have promotions, but you end up spending half the night in a queue.

Never been to coppers though so wouldn't know! The odeon across the way is fairly pricey though a lot more so than a lot of places around dublin even more than the capitol!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

also to note, kyrstal defo do it and i assume diceys since they are connected also do it, check the measures, 25cl instead of standard 35cl... just so ya know, bondi in stillorgan did it too

• Advertisement

Eh...what? I'm talking about the queues at the bar for a drink. They may be cheap when they have promotions, but you end up spending half the night in a queue.

Oh right ya. It can get a bit mobbed there alright but been to places far worse where I have waited a half an hour to be served I'm too petite :(
    Crazy like. Busy enough at the bar there at diceys. Trick is buy two drinks at a time for yourself! Found a thursday night grand but a friday night mayhem there was a little harder to get a drink there the last time I were there on a friday but grand on the thursday was far more busy on the friday even though was a smaller crowd for thursday I enjoyed it more. That's going back a year ago though.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Fieldies Dreams

was there a few times and pulled a few times aswell,if you put the effort in you'l pull no bother...got sick of it tho its always to packed,try diceys bout 200 mtrs down the road,its just as big,nicer and more comfortable and just as easy to pull ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

coppers is the last great bastion of sin left in Dublin, long may it continue.

The seven deadly sins in one place. priceless.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

How is this place allowed stay open so late?Cause of the hotel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Depends on what match you asked about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,905 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Easily the best club in Dublin. Never had a bad night there.

I would rather pay the extra euro or so per pint rather than queuing for 5 minutes and have nowhere to stand let alone sit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I dont mind Coppers but would try to avoid a Saturday night there for all good reason..Not worth it going in there on Saturday night no way.

Its good spot during week or if your lucky to be off on Monday cause Sunday is good night in there.

Personally I dont think you can beat Mcgowans when it comes to night out. No trouble, good crowd and girls are sound and good quality too;)..

Hate D2 and Village with passion..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Koltashe

was there last night! Paying the price now first time drinking after 7 months off d drink... Great laugh as usual, never scored there but its not what I go there for... Its a relaxed place where you can just enjoy a drink and a laugh, been there sober a few times an it was grand. Too packed on fri sat nights but great spot if you out for a laugh and a drink not an entelectual conversation and looking for a soul mate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

the service in diceys is appaling. they charge in, and give all drinks for 3 euro or whatever on tuesdays/wednesdays, but they compensate by not having enough staff or staff who can actually do the job so its best avoided.

when its not a college offer night of cheap drink, diceys is up there with the most expensive in the city.

coppers on the other hand, is under €4.90 for a pint of heineken, which is the bet in the city for busy nightclubs i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I love coppers. Don't go anymore because I don't live in Dublin but anytime I went there was atleast 50 people there I'd know.

I love my coppers gold card even more though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

I went there once, lasted about 20 minutes in there... I felt violated. (I'm a woman btw)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

coco_lola wrote: »
    I went there once, lasted about 20 minutes in there... I felt violated. (I'm a woman btw)

Why exactly?

Not been to coppers in a long while - used to be my regular club though. Best nights out of my life have been in there. Pulled some nights and not others, definitely easier than other clubs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Was there weekend before last for the first time. Music was fecking shíte! The first good song the DJ played was Avicii - Levels only for him to follow it up with the saw doctors...Dear Jesus.

As for getting the score, yeah, the rumours are true :D

• Advertisement

One night I pulled in coppers. Went outside with the lady to head home, and she asks for my phone... Rings her ex, asks if he's up for a late night shag. He's told her to get ****ed. Then she turns to me, hands me my phone, and goes "so, whats the story with us then?" I told her to get ****ed.

She was a ballerina though, so maybe I should have done the deed, regardless of my self respect! Could have been an experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

she asks for my phone... Rings her ex, asks if he's up for a late night shag. He's told her to get ****ed. Then she turns to me, hands me my phone, and goes "so, whats the story with us then?" I told her to get ****ed.

Maybe she did it to annoy him, knowing she was phoning from someone else's phone.

smash wrote: »
    Maybe she did it to annoy him, knowing she was phoning from someone else's phone.

No, she was pathetic. Begging him, pleading with him, and the whole time he was saying "leave me alone, I want you to delete my number, I was f**king asleep, stop f**king doing this".

She was quite drunk also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

One night I pulled in coppers. Went outside with the lady to head home, and she asks for my phone... Rings her ex, asks if he's up for a late night shag. He's told her to get ****ed. Then she turns to me, hands me my phone, and goes "so, whats the story with us then?" I told her to get ****ed.

That kind of stuff is what puts me off the place. There's a strong stench of desperation underneath all the 'craic'.

(And by craic, I mean getting tanked and walking up to a group of strangers saying "WAAAAAYYYY!!" Ah mighty stuff indeed)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

IrishZeus wrote: »
    Why exactly?

Not been to coppers in a long while - used to be my regular club though. Best nights out of my life have been in there. Pulled some nights and not others, definitely easier than other clubs!

Its like a cattle mart inside there - men are so direct, and not the good kind.. I had one put his hand up my skirt, its ridiculous!

• Advertisement
Advertisement