Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VTOS Payment Querie

Options
  • 19-09-2011 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi, I'm entering my second year of VTOS and am unsure if I will still receive the bonus payment of 500 that i received last year.

I'm aware there's been a budget since last September and would not be surprised if the bonus payment was less than last year, but i can't find any information about this.

Any information would be greatly appreciated :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭SuperTyper

I was on VTOS for two years and NEVER got 500 payment. Our fees were paid and all monies spent on kits/books etc were refunded by VTOS officer a few weeks after course started. I thought only BTEA got that 500

• Registered Users Posts: 14 silwyth88

Well as I say, we received the bonus of 500, but I was never informed that we could get a refund for books, I must speak to my VTOS officer in the morning about that, but in the first week last year we were given the bonus payment. I didn't know BTEA were eligible for said payment :/

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭SuperTyper

I know that none of the VTOS girls on my course received the 500 payment. VTOS received an extra 30-40 euro a week (travel and meal allowance) and you kept your OPFA. Once the course started, we went to the VTOS officer and filled out a form and got our Class Tutor to sign off on our expenses (kit, books, stationary, etc) that we had forked out. Never knew or heard about the 500 payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Long Term Louth

THe €500 payment is not available to VTOS participants but is only allocated to those on BTEA.

Advertisement