Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nazi pocket watch, stamp, ring....

• 19-09-2011 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Are these items worth much? The second image is of the case the pocket watch comes in, has a picture of a U-boat on the front.

imag0033bq.jpg

imag0039lh.jpg

Any info appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bob50

ZyklonB wrote: »
    Are these items worth much? The second image is of the cast the pocket watch comes in, has a picture of a U-boat on the front.

imag0033bq.jpg

imag0039lh.jpg

Any info appreciated.
    Yeah worth about 150€

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Jagdtiger

Do you seriously think that that is an appropriate user name!

This sub-forum might be viewed very poorly by some as it is without names like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

bob50 wrote: »
    Yeah worth about 150€

Welcome to the forum bob50.

Can you please indicate where you got the estimate of €150 from? A link to a catalogue or auction sale may be useful.

Personally, I have my doubts about this but the pictures are also very unclear. It would be better to post clearly focused images of the items (back, front and sides).

And yes, the username is less than OK. I would advise you (the previous poster that is) to change it if you wish to continue posting here.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭MedalFuhrer

Jagdtiger wrote: »
    Do you seriously think that that is an appropriate user name!

This sub-forum might be viewed very poorly by some as it is without names like that.

I was thinking that same. I like a bit of black humour but that username is cringe worthy. More appropriate to a white power or some other nutjob site. I'm no expert and people may correct me, but to me they look like cheap gaudy fantasy neo-NZ rubbish. At least stick up some proper photos. And if it is a fantasy piece, then no genuine collectors will have any interest since it has zero historical value. And that crap always annoys me as it is just one step above fakes and also taints all real enthusiasts with such ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Jim S

All low quality stuff , the "stop watch" 10 a penny rubbish, apart from watches they also produce ones with " A U Boat Compass" in it.
    Crude beyond belief when you have this stuf in your hands.

As for a user name, as a relative new comer here I would not see the like , I too have a deep line in black humour but the name is not remotely funny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Not an expert on ww2 era watches, and trying to judge something from blurry photos is never 100% . .. but gotta say that watch looks bad to me. Just my 2c.

A while back a fellow collector asked me to call round and bring some Kgm reference books with me , his brother in law had bought two watches and a compass which looked odd.

What the poor man had paid £350 for was three like this one numbered to a U Boat U-49 or something like that - bought them in Belfast and superficially one looked "good" eg nothing crude in the marking but all of this particular irk.

Bulgaria pumps them out by the ton on eBay and sadly people do buy them .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭HerrScheisse

There is a valid market for replicas, for example, historical reconstructions or items that are simply not feasible to buy because of price / rarity (eg Victoria Cross). But they should have an imprint somewhere indicating this. For some reaon (greed and demand) TR items are heavily faked and soil the genuine market. I have been burned in the past and now I unfortunately look upon every seller as a potential cheat...not good and it casts a negative shadow on a what should be a positive experience.

I must start a thread on how badly we all got cheated as we all did at some stage - share our experiences on it.

And yes - that name is just not on! And thats coming from someone with a "scheisse" username :pac:

HerrScheisse, that would be a good thread to run - I know I have burn my fingers in the past, through taking a dealer at his word and not knowing what I was buying.
    Knowing what you are buying is the key, dealers do not know everything about everything but some like to project an image of having attained this.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭HerrScheisse

Just started that thread Jim S - how did they get you? :pac:

• Advertisement

Hi, will go to the thread now. :)

Advertisement