Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found a dog.

• 19-09-2011 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hello all, thought i'd try here as i found a brown and white Jack Russell cross on my doorstep this morning in the Cherrymount area. He's about one years old, he has no tag or collar on him but he's definitely a family pet as he's been well looked after. He's a real friendly little fella as well so if anyone is missing him or knows of his owners can they drop me a PM here please.

I'll put up a picture of him as soon as i upload one.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

You could put it on www.lostandfoundpets.ie too. Hope you find the owner, I got lots if help from here when my dog went missing .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

Ring WLR aswell there normally fairly good with lost pets and you can be sure the owner will be listening for any updates if they knew he was missing!! I know I would if i lost my dog!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 feelingwoof

Here's some pictures of the cute little fella.....

Dog2.jpg

Dog1.jpg

michellie wrote: »
    You could put it on www.lostandfoundpets.ie too. Hope you find the owner, I got lots if help from here when my dog went missing .

Grand thanks for that, i'll try there too.
    Ring WLR aswell there normally fairly good with lost pets and you can be sure the owner will be listening for any updates if they knew he was missing!! I know I would if i lost my dog!!

I just emailed reception about 20mins ago so hopefully they put it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Don't forget the pound, owners will always ring there !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Big Lar

You could also bring him to the vets and see if he has a microchip ? If you got that number you go contact the kennel club.

michellie wrote: »
    Don't forget the pound, owners will always ring there !

Yeah i'll give them a ring first thing tomorrow.
    Big Lar wrote: »
    You could also bring him to the vets and see if he has a microchip ? If you got that number you go contact the kennel club.

Done that today and unfortuantly he doesn't have a chip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

Yeah i'll give them a ring first thing tomorrow.

Done that today and unfortuantly he doesn't have a chip.

fair play to you going to such an effort to find this lad's home when alot of folk would just shoo him, hopefully you find his owners or he gets re-homed one way or another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Big Lar

If you don't find an owner, Lisa at Clashmore Boarding kennels might be able to rehome her.
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002467359787

If no one comes forward for him do you think you'll keep him yourself OP??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Did ya try ring the rspca? http://waterfordanimalwelfare.com/

They might be able to help

Big Lar wrote: »
    If you don't find an owner, Lisa at Clashmore Boarding kennels might be able to rehome her.
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002467359787

If no one comes forward for him do you think you'll keep him yourself OP??
    Stokolan wrote: »
    Did ya try ring the rspca? http://waterfordanimalwelfare.com/

They might be able to help

Thanks for all the suggestions, i'll look into all of them, at the moment i'm going to put up a few posters so hopefully we'll find the owner.
    I'd love to take him in but my Wife is nearly 7 months pregnant so it's just bad timing, we'll try and hang onto him until we find a home for him, he's a real friendly dog and there's not a sound out of him.

fair play to you going to such an effort to find this lad's home when alot of folk would just shoo him, hopefully you find his owners or he gets re-homed one way or another.

It was hard to tell him to go away as he was shivering on our doorstep, i gave him a bit of food and he inhaled it so he looked like he needed a bit of looking after, he's only about 1 years old.

Well whatever you decide to do with him if no one comes forward for him best of luck with it anyway!! Hope the little fella gets sorted either way!! It would be a terrible shame to see something like that end up in a pound with no hope for him!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

i'm sending you on the number for the owner of the dog..they put up details on the lost and found of pet.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

snuggles09 wrote: »
    i'm sending you on the number for the owner of the dog..they put up details on the lost and found of pet.ie

Nice job there snuggles .....

chelloveks wrote: »
    Nice job there snuggles .....

i can't take any credit! when i saw it on here I put it up on my Facebook and i've just had a message from a friend with the number of the owner on it..i'm just the middle woman:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

So everything worked out well in the end:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Man I really wanted to eat that monkey dog.

snuggles09 wrote: »
    i can't take any credit! when i saw it on here I put it up on my Facebook and i've just had a message from a friend with the number of the owner on it..i'm just the middle woman:D

You were the catalyst! Without you the information wouldn't have flowed! Well done and I'll buy ya a drink when I see ya! I'll just walk up to people who look snuggly and ask if they want a drink...

• Advertisement

And feeling woof, tell the owners to invest in a collar and tag!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

You were the catalyst! Without you the information wouldn't have flowed! Well done and I'll buy ya a drink when I see ya! I'll just walk up to people who look snuggly and ask if they want a drink...

Think you missed the boat , I think she's a happily married woman now...:):D

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Think you missed the boat , I think she's a happily married woman now...:):D

eh thanks for that:P

still, i like to spread the snuggliness..ooh this may prompt another meet up thread..i missed the last 2:(..ok back to the dog, going totally off topic here

have no idea if the dog has been reunited but fingers crosses the OP will let us know

you do that and don't mind ROCKMAN..he's a spoil sport:D

Arrrgh bad news folks, the number Snuggles gave me was the same number WLR gave me the other day, the girl on the other end recognised my voice, they were already out on Tuesday as they're missing a dog but they don't match.
    Back to square one.

Thanks anyway Snuggles.

aww nooo:(

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭The Internet Explorer

dog1pm.jpg

Hahaha, not a chance timing is all wrong in the household but i know someone who will put you somewhere nice and warm, isn't that right Mr MitchKoobski?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

bags!

• Advertisement

cocoshovel wrote: »
    bags!

You serious?

Advertisement