Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CRO Submission lies

Options
  • 19-09-2011 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi, it has come to my notice that certain people when setting up companies by registering with the CRO are using different "residential addresses" on forms they return to the CRO. They may own these properties but are not "usually" resident at them i.e. they are their parents addresses or rented out to others. They live elsewhere.

I do not know why they would want to do this, apart from hiding from future creditors, revenue / tax, banks, etc.

I know complaints can be made to the ODCE but not sure what penalties, if any, are imposed? is it overlooked by the authorities as common practice? has any one come up against this ? is it something that should be pursued?

Mike
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

Maybe they are like you and have short memories.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74456665

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

Mike1972 wrote: »
    Hi, it has come to my notice that certain people when setting up companies by registering with the CRO are using different "residential addresses" on forms they return to the CRO. They may own these properties but are not "usually" resident at them i.e. they are their parents addresses or rented out to others. They live elsewhere.

I do not know why they would want to do this, apart from hiding from future creditors, revenue / tax, banks, etc.

I know complaints can be made to the ODCE but not sure what penalties, if any, are imposed? is it overlooked by the authorities as common practice? has any one come up against this ? is it something that should be pursued?

Mike

They may use the address as its a permanent fixed abode (as their parents houses or houses they own and rent to others) where as where they normally reside may not be their owned by them, so if they move they have to change addresses with CRO etc.

It wouldnt help them hide from revenue/tax/creditors etc as if they own the property or its their parents its not too much of a smokescreen in finding them. Indeed the last address id use if hiding from creditors or banks is my parents address!

As for common practice, I know a good few people who have their business and tax documentation sent to their parents address as they are in rented accommodation. I dont see how reporting it would be in the "Public Interest".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Mike1972

Thank you TylerIE for reply.

As for Milk & Honey saying I have a short memory, they obviously cannot read, considering my posting asked a number of questions which they ignored. In so far as reporting to the CRO is concerned, I understand from the CRO that it is the ODCE that take complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

I have never changed my address on anything from the days of living with my parents. That includes any submissions to the CRO.

I am not hiding from anyone.

OK, but the forms to CRO ask you to state your "Residentail Address" which is defined as the address you reside it. In using a different address i.e. parents address you are lieing and not providing true information. The CRO & ODCE both tell me that they would investigate such breaches if details are provided.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

OK, but the forms to CRO ask you to state your "Residentail Address" which is defined as the address you reside it. In using a different address i.e. parents address you are lieing and not providing true information. The CRO & ODCE both tell me that they would investigate such breaches if details are provided.

Whoever would provide such details must have had some serious wrongs inflicted against them by the relevant director!

Let's just say, it's payback time !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Let's just say, it's payback time !
    Nothing like a spot of revenge. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

It's hardly the crime of the century, I don't think the CRO will be too interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The ODCE will be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Pettiness is pathetic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

whats this cro you speak of ? cheap revenge office?

Advertisement