Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HWVS PC build thanks and SSD advice

Options
  • 19-09-2011 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi all,

My PC arrived from HWVS so thanks to everyone who contributed to my earlier thread when I first set out to get a new PC :)

I chose the €20 option at HWVS so they'd build it for me. Everything is up and running now. The power supply came with both EU and IRL plugs so no problems there. I ordered a monitor too and it only came with an EU 2 pin plug so that's something to watch out for. It wasn't a big problem for me as there was an old dell monitor plug lying around my house and that worked fine with the new monitor.

I installed windows 7 cleanly and my windows experience score (if this means anything to anybody) is Processor (7.5), RAM (7.6), Graphics (7.9 & 7.9) and harddisk (7.8) so thanks again for the advice pointing out the i5-2500k and the HD 6950 :)

I've one more favour to ask now. What are the steps that should be taken to ensure an SSD lasts? I remember reading something about disabling auto-defrag but was wondering if anyone has any other tips

Thanks!

Advertisement