Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

landfill/dump

• 19-09-2011 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭

I am looking for locations of dumps around Dublin south/west? or whatever is nearest. just trying to figure out how much it costs to dump construction waste/ie broken blocks/rubble and then whatever I have collected like waste mortar etc?
    I have some soil to move also, anyone know of dumps that take that kind of stuff? legitimately I might add :)

so where and how much?

edit: this is from DIY work so i put it in diy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭cgc5483

Merch wrote: »
    I am looking for locations of dumps around Dublin south/west? or whatever is nearest. just trying to figure out how much it costs to dump construction waste/ie broken blocks/rubble and then whatever I have collected like waste mortar etc?
    I have some soil to move also, anyone know of dumps that take that kind of stuff? legitimately I might add :)

so where and how much?

edit: this is from DIY work so i put it in diy

Ballyogan Recycling centre will take it:

http://www.dlrcoco.ie/aboutus/councildepartments/wasteservices/findit/ballyoganrecyclingpark/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

that seems to say its for household waste only, plus no vans allowed.
    The plan was to pay my neighbour few quid to help me move it (his van) to landfill, its a small amount of construction waste, left over broken blocks, unused/leftover mortar scrapped in about 3 rubble sacks and a 1 ton bag partially filled with the blocks and some slabs, some of which broken, others were used as hodges? for mortar. I thought if it was cheaper, Id go this route rather than paying for a skip. If I knew someone wanted it I'd give it away as hardcore for under a garden path, I just dont want it dumped illegally anywhere.

If it works out too much hassle, I'll prob go the skip route, but wanted to see how much of a saving there was possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RTT

I would just put everything into the 1 tonne bag and get it collected for around €40. Thats pretty much the going rate around Dublin anyway for the 1 tonne bags. I was quoted €37 and €42 when I rang today. Companies tend to now collect competitors bags also.

RTT wrote: »
    I would just put everything into the 1 tonne bag and get it collected for around €40. Thats pretty much the going rate around Dublin anyway for the 1 tonne bags. I was quoted €37 and €42 when I rang today. Companies tend to now collect competitors bags also.

Can I ask who? prefer here so all can see, but pm me if thats the accepted method, 37 euro in dublin, I paid 65 per tonne bag last year that had old kitchen and floor tiles in it (mostly)

RTT wrote: »

Can I ask who? prefer here so all can see, but pm me if thats the accepted method, 37 euro in dublin, I paid 65 per tonne bag last year that had old kitchen and floor tiles in it (mostly)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RTT

Merch wrote: »

I think naming companies for price comparison purposes is allowed. That price was with a1 skipbags for a 1 tonne (building sand bag). €37 if booked online, €42 over the phone. A1 supply a 1.25 tonne bag free with every collection. Think the 1.25 bag is around €65 to get collected.

Advertisement