Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childminders

Options
  • 19-09-2011 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering what i could expect to pay for a qulaified and expwerienced childminder/babysitter? It would just be somone to mind him every so often so me and the oh could have a night out. Also how do you find a good childminder? I presume if your looking for someone with qulaifications and experinece you can see their childcare certs etc? He is only 3 months old so am not even sure about going down the childminder route yet, just want some info really. Im in dublin city center by the way. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭littlemissfixit

In Dublin, for someone with qualifications you will probably have to give 10/h+, even a student I would think you would have to give min wage anyway. I live in the country now so a bit different here.
    If it was for full day and looking just after your one, they will expect a proper wage too. If it was someone in their home looking after others as well, then the price would drop.

I think the best way to find one is by talking to other mums in your area and get personal recommendation. I found it very hard not knowing many people, but then from mum & tot groups, etc you will soon find people who can recommend someone. And my advice is to find more than one, so that you are not stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

My childminder is a girl i used to work with, she was working part time and also at college. i never used a childminder as i didn't trust anyone ( i only ever used family, and this calmed down after number 3 was born) this girl was a god send, my eldest was 8 and my boys were 1 and 2. She has minded them for weekends and for nights, she charged 30 euro from 7pm till 12pm and if we came back after 12 it was 50 euro and she would mostly stay the night but sometimes would go home. kids love her. we dont get her to mind them that often as we dont go out much.

Advertisement