Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainfall levels for 2011

Options
  • 19-09-2011 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭

Evelyn Cusack had a graph during her weather presntation showing only the extreme west had above average rainfall at 120%.

Around the east coast and in the west it was normal at 100%

Through the middle of the country it was at 55% to 75% of norma, The driest beingr Laois, Kildare, Northern half of Kilkenny, Carlow, Offaly, W Wicklow. parts of Tipperary.

Not just my imagination it has been an exceptionally dry year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Min wrote: »
    Evelyn Cusack had a graph during her weather presntation showing only the extreme west had above average rainfall at 120%.

Around the east coast and in the west it was normal at 100%

Through the middle of the country it was at 55% to 75% of norma, The driest beingr Laois, Kildare, Northern half of Kilkenny, Carlow, Offaly, W Wicklow. parts of Tipperary.

Not just my imagination it has been an exceptionally dry year.

It feels the opposite here, feels like its been raining every day for the past 6 months!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Lots of wet days and drizzly days, but very little amounts every time.

So it feels like its been raining every day here too, but only a mm or so each time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Pangea wrote: »
    It feels the opposite here, feels like its been raining every day for the past 6 months!

Yeah it has been amazing, I know from posting and reading on the farming section of boards that there has been a huge variation across the country and the north West seems to have suffered a lot of rain.

You would have farmers from the east looking for rain and farmers in the west wondering when the rain would stop.

I read in the Farmers Journal that wells in the south east have been going dry from lack of rainfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Yeah i'm near south east coast and we've had such a dry summer. Added to the cool temps the grass growth has been very slow as well. It's been a great summer for golf :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

unledbr.png

North west hogging all the rain again this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

Harps wrote: »
    unledbr.png

North west hogging all the rain again this morning

hogging all the rain is right ... haha.

its been bad enough down south too , rain or drizzle neary every day , but the north west must have got the most amount of rain since the start of september , seems to be rainin heavy every day there..
    must be like a swamp ??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

i seem to rem a few years ago that they were saying that we would get wetter weather in the north and west and the east and south would get drier. this must be that. However has our prevailing wind changed to a Northwesterly it seems to be predominantly from this direction these days though it will be SW over the coming few days.

Rained lots here this month especially. July was our best month of the Summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Apparently the Shannon has risen about a foot or so around Athlone in the last few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Min wrote: »

I've a hard time believing it was only 120% :( Even this morning it's still at it, it just dumped down a stupid amount of water. Drains were over flowing on parts of the farm.

Advertisement